Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: According To Scientists, This Is The Most Relaxing Tune Ever Recorded

The following video demonstrates and explains what happens during diaphragmatic breathing. Knowing how it works can help in making it a more effective relaxation technique.

Quote Originally Posted by LIT View Post
    I ended up buying this and have been listening to it often.

What am I supposed to be doing while listening to it though?I mean,am I supposed to try to not think or anything?Am I supposed to just try to listen and focus on what I am listening to?

I'm asking because when I start listening to it,I close my eyes,and I see a succession of memories.They don't really upset me or cause anxiety or anything,they're just there.Like I am floating through them.It's all the same images I see pretty much on a daily basis,but they're different,they feel different.It's like visiting all the memories but not feeling them.And afterwards I feel so zoned out and exhausted. Like I have just had an extremely intense therapy session.

Listening to it still makes me feel sad,but the zoned out feeling I've been getting,I kind of like that.
    For the past week when I listen to it and close my eyes I see a kaleidoscope of different shapes and colors floating by.It is not at all like it was before.And it is so intensely relaxing.

Sometimes though,there's random images that pop up,like an eye or clouds or a person,someone I have never seen before.Sometimes I feel a little startled when it happens because I am so into seeing the shapes and colors and so relaxed and then bam,an image pops in and interupts it.It only takes a few seconds to get back into the relaxed feeling though.

But I was wondering,where do the images come from,even the shapes and colors?How does our mind produce them?

I don't know if this explanation is correct or even relevant, but it came up at the top of my search:

Closed-eye hallucination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I experience the same phenomenon, the first time I noticed it was when I was learning to do bio-feedback.
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

I have been listening to the 'Weightless' tune pretty much daily since I downloaded it in 2013.I find it extremely relaxing,and I have listened to it during times of anxiety,like in the waiting room at the dentist or doctor,actually,even while in the dentist chair.It helps if I have a hard time quieting my mind when I am trying to fall asleep and it makes me feel so relaxed when I go for walks that I am surprised at the length of time,and distance,that I am able to walk without feeling breathless or tired.

I have listened to it so much these past years that I realized today as soon as I started thinking about listening to it I could feel the tension in my neck and shoulders easing up and noticed my breathing slowing down.

I really like this tune and recommend it to people all the time.

Weightless can be heard on YouTube:

and then there is the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12