Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Stuck in this grief

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    So hard, isn't it FMN?

It's been 18 years since I lost my daughter. It's still hard.
    I am so sorry Dr Baxter hugs to you It never gets easy does it
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some ways it does. It gets easier to remember happy times. But no the loss remains a loss and that part never gets easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't remember happier times i guess because there wasn't many happy memories i do remember only bits and pieces of the past and they seemed to be sad
    i am stuck with those memories I guess and the fact there was no help no one cared

I am glad you are able to remember more happier times now I really don't know how one carries on when they lose a child hugs to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death of a loved one is the biggest pain in life. I do not know what to say. So sorry for you guys.

---------- Post Merged at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I have also experienced it. But death of a parent is somehow more logical than death of a child or sibling. I often think that there is no justification for such events, no logic, excuse of whatever. It just seems irrational and agains all laws of life. I do not believe in God or higher mind for this reason, although I am not trying to re-inforce any religious believes here. We, as humans are left with the grief and the task to find ways to accept unacceptable events. It seems to me that we are expected to be stronger than any laws of nature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know how people cope with certain kinds of loss either. Even 'natural' loss when people get old, is still so so hard.

I guess reaching out and connecting is just what people do. The grief feelings being cared for and heard, is good.

Thinking of you both.... and everyone who's felt losses...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is sometimes unbearable and every year I count down the days going through every detail. I do not want to do it and at the same time I cannot help but do it. For me there is no conflict with my beliefs and the seeming random irrationality of life and death because we have been given guidance but not absolute control by any higher being.

Dear David, I have read your story about your daughter and it is so very sad and yet at the same time it is an incredibly beautiful story of love. Wishing you well.

Forgetmenot, the happy times were there, you just need to find them and remember. It is so difficult sometimes to wish/think that we could have or should have done more and yet we did the best we could.

It is almost nine years since my son died but right now in this moment it feels as close and as tragic as if it just happened. I know this moment will pass and at some point I will remember what a wonderful person he was and I will smile for the happiness and the joy. Sometimes there are no words that can ease the pain. The best people in my life simply give me a hug. Thank-you, for just being able to share this has stopped my tears. Hugs to everyone who is hurting from the loss of a loved one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sending you hugs Mari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)