Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panic attacks lasting 6 hours or more

Does anyone else have panic attacks that last 6 or more hours? Mine scare the heck out of me.

Re: panic attacks lasting 6 hours or more

What do you do for yourself when these panic attacks occur?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

I wait them out...I am totally fearful when they happen. Anyone else with long lasting panic attacks?

Has your doctor provided you with medication that can be taken to help alleviate these attacks, or some relaxation strategy like a diaphragmatic breathing exercise?
    Steve

Re: Panic attacks lasting 6 hours or more

Steve is correct: They are lasting that long because you aren't doing anything to intervene to gain control over them sooner.

See When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life: David D. Burns M.D.: 9780767920711: Amazon.com: Books

I take clonapapen as needed. I have panic attacks about once a week. Can I take clonozapen.5 mg. as needed every four days without getting addicted. (I have researched about klonopin withdraw symptoms such as vomiting-I am emetophobic) I don't want to get addicted to clonozapen.

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:52 PM ----------

My therapist told me to challenge my OCD thoughts(I definitely have OCD). How woould you reccomend me "nipping it in the bud?"

Quote Originally Posted by Been there Done that View Post
    I take clonazepam as needed. I have panic attacks about once a week. Can I take clonazepam .5 mg. as needed every four days without getting addicted.
    Yes.

Can I take clonozapen.5 mg. as needed every four days without getting addicted.
    Of course you would want to confirm this with your own doctor, but from my understanding of benzodiazepines, the dose and frequency of your "as needed" use is not likely to result in addiction.

People who become addicted to benzodiazepines are usually those who take extraordinarily high doses daily or even many times a day.

If your doctor prescribed 0.5 mg clonazepam as needed and you're using it every four days, I believe you can feel comfortable in allowing the medication to relieve your symptoms of panic and allow yourself to focus on some form of relaxation strategy to regain control of your environment.
    Steve

ok thanks. I will check out these books through the library and have my handy brown paper bag on hand just in case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast