Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. My Doctor is great

I just had a appointment with my doctor (psychiatrist). Everytime I go in I always come out feeling better. I have the kind of doctor who just talks in "laymans" terms, he uses some slang. I love it, he makes me feel totally comfortable. I know that are many doctors out there who are not like mine, and that sucks (it sucks for me because he is VERY busy and is always booked).

Anyways, if anyone has doubts about going, just do it. Treat it like you are shopping for a new car, give a new doc a test drive - if you don't like the way he handles, go find a different doctor to try. Eventually you will find someone who is right for you.

My Doctor is great

Interesting way of putting it, Jennifer. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm a Lexus, a Porsche, or a SmartCar...

But joking aside, you're absolutely right - if there isn't trust, confidence, and a good fit between you and your therapist, it's going to be much more difficult for you to achieve your goals (get to your destination?).

My Doctor is great

What a great analogy Jennifer! Uncanny too that when I first started seeing my "Aston Martin" I had reservations about the fees involved. He pointed out that I wouldn't have as much hesitancy in getting my car serviced if it needed work, so why did I feel that I didn't deserve the same investment in my own 'tuning'?!! You strike me as a Harley Davidson Dr. Baxter! ;)

My Doctor is great

:o)

I gave up motorcycles when I was 18 or 19....