Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: When Spring Arrives....

I can't grow anything, but I can kill plants pretty easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can buy seed pack for attracting butterflies into you garden...I like butterflies myself so I plant some milkweed every year but I like bees more and they need help just now

I find a mixture of st john wort and any herbs that flower eg...Lavender, Thyme, Rosemary will drive bees crazy

I love those first hints that spring is coming...slightly longer and lighter days buds on trees migratory birds returning

BUT my very fave moment is that first morning you can smell spring in the air

It gets me sooooooooooo excited... I do think it is a primeval switch we have just like all the other animals!

CMON SPRING!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading online how to attract butterflies.It said 'puddling',and at first I was thinking what kind of pudding do I buy?Vanilla?Chocolate?Then I realized it said puddling,not pudding.Had to laugh at myself for that.

I've been checking out how to make a butterfly garden.I guess I didn't realize that they are more attracted to certain colors,need stones to rest and bask on and a place for puddling.

I love the first morning you can smell Spring in the air too WOOBY.But I think my favorite thing is just being able to be outside.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to make another garden at the entry of my driveway it has a huge field stone there and i would like to plant bulb flowers around it so they come up each year Hope i can get hsb to help me dig ground up i don't dig so well but i can plant
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love gardening and on some of these worst days have begun planning what to plant in my outside plant pots. I can hardly wait until I can smell dirt.
    Change begins when you practice ordinary courage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to sit outside and look at everything,the sky,the trees,the flowers,watch the bugs crawl around,watch all the birds and butterflies,and feel and smell the fresh air.I miss that.

I even miss the dark,dreary,rainy spring days that make me want to curl up on the couch and read a book or watch a movie.I miss the sound of the rain,and I miss the smell too.

I can hardly wait until I can smell dirt
    I could smell it when I read that,I never thought I would ever miss that smell,but now I am looking forward to it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:27 PM ----------

P.S.I miss Spring rain.It was raining here yesterday,but it definitely was not enjoyable,especially since the temperature was in the low 30's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whew you guys have got my senses buzzing with all this lovely spring talk. It's strange though, I have like an 'opposite mood or feel' almost, seasonally, to you guys. The coming of spring is like an excitement sort of feeling; when you guys have that my summer is just sort of settling down into mildness, then the rain starts. And my winter is almost like the gorgeous spring you guys hang out for - it's actually comfortable outside, it's sunny most days but there's some rain, and it's warm enough for many flowers to start very early. Real spring just sort of maxes that out, but quickly starts to get uncomfortably warm. Then five months of blistering heat interspersed with just heat.

Come onnnnnnnn, winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring is getting closer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spring-tree-flowers.jpg

Trees are budding, birds are singing and the sun is shining...and I love living in the sunshine!

each:

For more images like this, search Google Images for "Spring Wallpaper"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually get excited just reading these posts!

In Scotland there are more wet than dry days but for those few precious sunny days pottering about without a thought in my head make up for it all.

I think that is what a sunny day does for me it melts away anything in my mind and takes me to a very thought-fee happy place with buzzing bees and birds busy nest building...such a positive moment in life.

That is what I like about gardening too I can see and imagine the world I have created for all that reside within my plants, those that feed, those that shelter and those that perch. Truly blissful!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast