Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My friend 'Pain'

No, unfortunately not!! I have a support worker and you guys to talk to!! It sucks!!
    In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life....it goes on!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: My friend 'Pain'

I have a support worker and you guys to talk to!!.. It sucks!!
    Lonewolf,

Can you see that this could be one of those glass half full or glass half empty situations?

From a positive perspective, you have two pretty good sources for support.... your support worker and us guys! )O course I'm biased if I include "us guys" among your resources.

Wouldn't you be worse off if you had no one at all?

Hope this might help you to modify your view of your situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering whether the support worker is trained in teaching you skills of helping yourself, LW? Be sure to ask the support worker lots of questions and ask what resources could teach you the best new skills... Same goes for here, too - lots of knowledgeable people here with lots of life experience and skills learned from therapy. x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really do appreciate you guys being here, all of you!! I also am lucky to have a support worker that I get on well with!!
    If I didn't have that, then I would be back to square one in this life!!! I have been there! When I said 'I only have you guys and a support worker' what I meant was the fact that I have no therapy, no psych doc, no CPN, no one to rely on in this life, my real life!! I had it and in one foul swoop it was all gone!! And im still finding it difficult!
    Maybe its because I don't deserve/ need it!!
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe its because I don't deserve/ need it!!
    It might help to be kinder to yourself, Lonewolf.

Need it...Yes

Deserve it...most certainly yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes yes...... Talk to yourself kindly LW; read books on that topic, and you will start getting more used to it, and you will feel less afraid and in pain....

You will begin to have a reliable and good friend - you - and that can make it easier and easier to form and sustain positive and trustworthy connections with others, and to successfully navigate the bumps and difficulties of relating when they come.... and to manage the other kinds if losses that do come in life, which are not your fault.

It's true, it is awfully hard when something reliable changes. Very tough trying to tough it out.

Hang in there LW. I do think you will get better and better at finding things and people who are supportive for you and being able to sustain positive relationships. You have made progress already. Keep going and keep doing what you feel comfortable with to develop friendships and connections here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needed more physical pain!! It's building up inside me again!! It's ok!! I needed to do it, I have managed to fight these incessant urges for a while, but I gave in tonight! It's my punishment! I know I am regularly told its not my fault, but I just can't accept it!! I can't believe it!! I don't think I will ever convince myself!! This guilt burns deep inside me, some times its just a glimmer of a flame and sometimes its a burning blaze!!! Tonight its bonfire night in my head!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is great that you were able to go a long time without hurting yourself LW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a support worker today and was rushed to A+E for treating the S/H!! I didn't honestly believe it required that although the Dr did!! I have to go to my Dr's again tomorrow to make sure its not too infected!!! They said I may need to be put on an antibiotic drip?
    It really shocked me that they felt it was worse than I thought?? What happened? Why doesn't it hurt anymore? The support worker told me it was the worst one she has ever seen [on me]!! I really don't agree, but is it my thinking distorted and is my judgement wrong or is it them over-reacting??
    Last edited by MHealthJo; July 15th, 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy to hear that the support worker and the doctor is taking care of you. Hopefully this is the beginning of receiving the help you deserve.
    Change begins when you practice ordinary courage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast