Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to know?

I need to know?

I have so much anger building up inside me and I am on the verge of losing it big time!! I have considered phoning a helpline and letting them have it with both barrels, but if I completely let rip and get angry and swear and curse, would they hang up on me? would I get into trouble for being aggressive? I would be totally embarrassed by my behaviour and apologise for the rest of my life!! I just need somewhere safe to vent this stuff before I do something I may live to regret!! I really want to hurt someone!! My birthday has triggered anger that I never knew a person could have inside them!! As I have said many times, I am not good with anger and I am fearful that I am beginning to be like that person I have been afraid of most of my life!!

---------- Post Merged at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm sorry if I have put this in the wrong place!! I'm all over the place!!
    In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life....it goes on!!

Re: i need to know?

My birthday has triggered anger that I never knew a person could have inside them!!
    What is it about having a birthday that made you angry?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

I spent it alone!! It just compounded all my feelings of not being wanted/belonging!! The only thing I needed was a hug!! I have spent a couple of birthdays on my own and I just sit by myself and wonder why I bother to struggle with this life at all? That is all it is!! I am still no closer to getting any help or support and it makes me so angry to think that 'he' is sitting nice and cosie with the family and I am here struggling with life, let alone all the crap that comes with living and breathing that everyone faces!! I accept that this is my lot, but the anger I have for 'him' is unbelievable and it's not fading, it's increasing!!! I have always thought that S/H would diminish my anger, but it's not been so effective recently!! I have been emailing a helpline, but I just feel like I need to shout and scream and swear and curse at someone, but I am scared and embarrassed to do it!! I have subdued so many emotions that it seems to me that it must be inevitable that one day I will explode!!

4. Re: i need to know?

can you not write out all the hatred that you feel inside You do not have to send it anywhere sometime just getting the words out on screen or paper helps to release built up tension. Or while in the shower yell and scream all you want pretend that person is there ok I don't think it is wise to get angry with crisis line they are there to listen to your pain and sadness they will do that and you can tell them how angry you feel but don't transfer your anger to them ok
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Oh no!! I didn't mean I would attack them verbally, I just meant that I would just ......I don't know, sorry!! I know it would be the wrong thing to do!!

Lonewolf,

You may find some of the insights in this post Dr. Baxter shared on the Forum:

Ignore the reference to games people play, because we know that is not relevant to your situation....instead learn about the dynamics of displacement:

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/relations...tml#post213649
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

7. Re: i need to know?

I am sorry i took it wrong i understand now you just need a safe place to release your pain and anger and you want to be heard
    I hope you find that safe place ok be it at your doctor even i am sure if you talked to crisis about the anger you are holding in they would give you some ideas on how to release it in a safe way hugs
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Re: I need to know?

I am going to implode!! I feel like everything is working against me!! (including me!)

Try not to work against yourself LW and I do hope you are feeling a bit better today. Are you still talking with the helpline? I do think it is a good suggestion to let them know how angry you feel about things.

So do I. Let it out on a healthy way LW. I agree with Mari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast