Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this?

Is an Unstable mood disorder the same thing or is this a different thing altogether?? Does anyone know??
    In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life....it goes on!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: What is this?

In North America, the standard diagnostic system is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual or DMS, now in version 5 (DSM5).

In the UK and Europe, they more commonly use the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10).

The DSM diagnosis is called Borderline Personality Disorder. The ICD equivalent diagnoses are emotionally unstable personality disorder, emotional intensity disorder, or borderline type.

See Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more information and additional links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What is this?

Thank you! On a recent visit to A+E this term was used a lot instead of the usual, so I just wondered if something had changed? It was very noticeable for me!! In a funny way, I am glad it hasn't!!!
    In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life....it goes on!!