Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Vino Veritas

Re: In Vino Veritas

If you guys have had a chance to try my organic homemade wine, you wouldn't be interested in external sources, I.e. articles or such.

I don't understand what you mean by that Princess.

organic homemade wine
    If I'm not mistaken, organic wine contains NO LOW sulfites...am I right?
    Last edited by Steve; November 29th, 2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Corrected Miss-statement Thank you DJB
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

At least no added sulfites. Only those produced naturally in small quantities during fermentation. Technically the are low sulfite rather than no sulfite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No added anything. Natural fermentation. It is a family tradition from a few generations. The taste and quality are more than superior.

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

It takes organic grapes and raspberries and 6-8 weeks.

When making wine this way, how do you stop fermentation prior to bottling, which conventinal vintners do by introducing sulfite.
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Takes 3 months if you don't use substitute. My husband uses something else that is not conventional, I have to research it better. My parents/grandparents were using a technology to transfer the wine from one barrel to another multiple times until you get rid of the sediment and becomes clear.

---------- Post Merged at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:17 AM ----------

In fact, he gets herbal additives at times from Europe. In my experience the casual wine drinking culture is an anti-drugs culture. There were no drug addicts in the country, in the towns, where the wineries were. Wine makers and fans are pretty resilient to using drugs. I personlly think marijuana is not unhealthy as well, but the joint culture is part of the drug abuse culture, meaning, a lot of people who smoke joint have the mentality to switch to something "stronger"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12