Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How Do You Train And Discipline A Cat?

My cat is a lot different now.I just let her in and out of the house as she wants.She seems happy and content now and isn't evil like before.

Every time I let her out I do worry she will run off or go in the road or something though.But the risk is worth the change in her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad she is feeling and behaving so happily and healthily and is an enjoyable happy friend again. My cats send her their best streetsmart outdoor-safety vibes and high visibility reflective collar suggestions. ( Um and the adventurous one sends a message not to follow her example of playing with snakes.)

Hmm, if you do get worried again, some people do succeed with things like only using the backyard and enclosing the whole area with revolving fencetop cat barriers the cat can't climb or land on, or other systems..... It's so hard making these kind of decisions isn't it. Knowing that 'total safety' is possible, but what is the point of 'total safety' if the cost is misery /unhealthiness/big mental health & behavioral problems. I guess we can apply the same thought process to ourselves too, and all humans vary between each other in terms of where they put that "acceptable risk" mark in their own lives and all their own activities as well. There's a certain range that allows us a good level of healthiness/happiness, but within that healthy range we all still vary and make different decisions in each area of our life.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a kitten who's a little too crazy and athletic to be outside alone so he is only allowed out on a harness and leash into our fenced but not cat leakproof back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's it isn't it Dr B. The leaks. It's the leaks, I tell ya.

There's an actual explanation why cats can leak out of perfectly good fences that stop dogs and stuff.

cats_are_liquids-121001.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a huge fenced in back yard,it has a wooden privacy fence around it,but of course that's not where my cat wants to be.She prefers the front yard,which is also huge,but there's no fence.

I noticed a few days ago that she learned how to push down the pump on the bottle of hand sanitizer,she used one paw to press down and pump it into the other paw and then licked it off.I couldn't believe she did that!I guess I will have to keep it somewhere she can't get to it.I have read about kids accidentally ingesting it,but not cats purposely doing it.Isn't hand sanitizer like 70% alcohol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh!! What a clever kitty you've got there. I wonder if she thought it was water or something??

Gosh with dexterity like that it's almost like living with a monkey. Cats I tell ya, they can do naughty things/reach places other pets only dream of. On the other hand on the intelligence side, I bet Turtle has a few stories about her pig....

Actually, my lazier cat at some point figured out that I keep q-tips in this little plastic chest of 9 drawers, in the middle top drawer. I watched her once open the little plastic drawer with her mouth, pull it the rest of the way with her paw, and help herself to a q-tip to play with. Correct drawer and everything.

Proud moment....... (I think?!?!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12