Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  302
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Re: Quotable Quotes 10

The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth. ~Unknown

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." ~ Winston Churchill

Re: Quotable Quotes 9

These are some of my favorites posted in my personal room.
    Don Michel Ruiz's Four Rules:
    1. Be impeccable with your word. - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Use your words in the direction of truth and love towards yourself and others.
    2. Don't take anything personally. - What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. Be immune to opinions and actions of others to avoid being a victim of needless suffering.
    3. Don't make assumptions. - Find the courage to ask questions. Communicate clearly to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
    4. Always do your best. - Your best will change moment to moment and when you are well or when you are sick. Do your best and avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

AND

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Acceptance doesn't mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there's got to be a way through it. ~Michael J. Fox

Acceptance looks like a passive state,but in reality it brings something entirely new into this world.That peace,a subtle energy vibration,is consciousness.
    ~ Eckhart Tolle

The first step toward change is awareness.The second step is acceptance. ~Nathaniel Branden

"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." ~ Jackie Robinson

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again." ~ Flavia Weed

Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,but from wanting to control it. ~Kahlil Gibran

The future you have,tomorrow,won't be the same future you had,yesterday. ~Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by LIT View Post
    Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,but from wanting to control it. ~Kahlil Gibran
    That's true to an extent, although it's also about uncertainty, not knowing. Our need to control often comes primarily from our inability to tolerate (or difficulty tolerating) uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    That's true to an extent, although it's also about uncertainty, not knowing. Our need to control often comes primarily from our inability to tolerate (or difficulty tolerating) uncertainty.
    I agree.Uncertainty is probably one of the most difficult things for me to accept or deal with.It's hard to be okay with not knowing what may or may not happen.

"Gosh, you’ve been looking at your screen for a while. Take a snack break — the Web will be here when you get back." ~ Mozilla Firefox web browser

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast