Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How Do You Perceive Colours and Shapes? Online Questionnaire on Depression and Colour

How Do You Perceive Colours and Shapes? Online Questionnaire on Depression and Colour

Dear forum-members,

We are Bachelor of Science students at the Institute of Psychology at Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz, Germany. Currently, we are conducting a study that will help us better understand which environment causes people to feel stressed or overwhelmed.

In my closest environment I have been confronted with depression several times and as a student of Psychology I wish to understand the underlying processes better. Therefore, with two colleagues, our academic Dr. Jasmina Stevanov from our General Experimental Psychology section and our ethical review committee I have designed an online questionnaire which is supposed to investigate the link between depression and perception of colour. The online questionnaire is a follow-up study of a seminar paper which has to be written mandatorily within the Bachelor degree course. Because of very promising findings we want to verify these with this "follow up study". Unfortunately, I cannot mention any findings before you have participated as your knowledge about them may alter the outcome.

However, there will be a summary available when our scientific paper is finished by the end of March at the latest.

How fast and easy we can locate an important object depends on how much it stands out against the background. Past research has demonstrated that emotional state, shapes and colours play a big role. Through this study, we wish to understand how these factors are related to each other and its impact on our daily lives.

With your participation you could bring us one step closer to designing the environment in which you feel better.

If you wish to support our aim we would kindly ask you to follow this link: Questionnaire

The study will last about 25 minutes. All collected data will be anonymised, treated discretely and used for research purposes only. There will be no commercial use or disclosure of data to third parties.

We highly appreciate and value your participation. Thank you!

Chiara Oftring with Jinky and Annegret

In case you have any further questions do not hesitate to get in touch with us via perceiving.colour@gmail.com or with me via coftring@students.uni-mainz.de.

2. Advertisement

Re: How Do You Perceive Colours and Shapes? Online Questionnaire on Depression and Co

I don't see any links.

Re: How Do You Perceive Colours and Shapes? Online Questionnaire on Depression and Co

See:

If you wish to support our aim we would kindly ask you to follow this link: Questionnaire