Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Post Count

Post Count

I am curious why my post count is suddenly so high.Unless I am mistaken,before moving to a new server my amount of posts was one thousand and something(don't remember the exact number), now it's over three thousand.The amount of thanks and likes are higher too.

Am I wrong about this and maybe in the twilight zone or something today?

Re: Post Count

No you're not wrong.

In checking everything on the new server, I noticed that posts in the Just Chat and Just For Fun threads were not being counted.

That was a throwback to the early days when we used post counts as a (npot very effective) way of discouraging spammers. We no longer do that since we now have more effective anti-spam measures.

I therefore re-enabled post counts for those forums and recalculated post statistics. That's why your stats changed.

That's good to know,was kind of concerned about myself for a bit over it.

---------- Post Merged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    In checking everything on the new server, I noticed that posts in the Just Chat and Just For Fun threads were not being counted
    So apparently I have been chatting and having fun all these years without realizing how much I have

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter
    we now have more effective anti-spam measures.
    Flush Spam.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LIT View Post
    So apparently I have been chatting and having fun all these years without realizing how much I have