Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does Marijuana Reduce Anxiety or Make It Worse?

Well I found out that it does help when I'm feeling depressed.Instantly.Just a teeny tiny amount is all that's needed since it's so potent.

The researchers at the University of Oxford believe that paranoia, agitation and anxiety are more likely to occur based on how a person feels before using marijuana.
    I'm thinking that's true for me and probably the times it has made things worse has been when I have been triggered and already feeling paranoid,unsafe,scared,etc.I'm not positive about it,but I am unwilling to try it then to find out for sure,I don't want to take a chance.But I do think I need to talk to my Dr.,get my Alprazolam refilled or get something else for those times instead of suffering through it.

Thank you for posting this article because I don't think I would have even thought twice about any of this otherwise.

Yesterday I started feeling very unsafe and anxious,not sure what triggered it,and I became extremely hypervigilant and paranoid and at least 3 times I was so startled by my husband that I jumped and screamed so loud that if I had neighbors they most likely would have called the police.

Even though I had said I was unwilling to try marijuana again when I was feeling like that,I decided to anyway.I smoked just a teeny tiny amount,not even enough to really feel it and then a couple of hours used a little more and gradually increased the amount each time,every couple hours,and after about the 4th or 5th time I finally felt calm,and today I feel fine,no PTSD symptoms.

I am now thinking maybe that's the key,to gradually introduce it into my system instead of trying to use a higher amount right from the beginning.I think that instant intensity of the marijuana is too overwhelming for me,too much of a drastic change and taking it slow and easy is much better.

It also made me sleep better and I think that made a huge difference in the way I am feeling today.

I just wanted to put this here so I will remember this.It's easy to want to over-do something,wanting instant relief,but more isn't always better.

I don't think I'm going to use marijuana anymore.

Recently when I was struggling and feeling down,I think it made everything worse and made me even more depressed.I can see that now but at the time I thought it was helping me.

It does help with anxiety and other symptoms but I really don't think it's worth it anymore.Those symptoms are horrible to deal with and sometimes feel like they'll never let up,but depression is the hardest to go through I think,falling down into that deep pit of despair is hard to pull myself out of at times.

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I have experimented enough,I keep coming up with different results,time to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LIT View Post
    It does help with anxiety and other symptoms
    Only temporarily. Over time, with regular use, it makes the symptoms worse.

Medical marijuana may be the trendy route to go but I think I'm just going to accept it's not something that works for me.

Medical marijuana may be the trendy route to go
    It seems odd to use the word "trendy", but that's exactly what it is.

It seems odd to use the word "trendy", but that's exactly what it is.
    I agree. It's being touted as the latest wonder drug.

It does appear that it has some valid medical uses, e.g., treatment of nausea and loss of appetite during chemotherapy, but it's not even close to a cure-all, nor is it without some undesirable side-effects.

I also heard the CBD i think part of it is very safe and helps people with anxiety and so many other illnesses and maybe it does.

I am glad it helps some especially army people they deserve peace the do. But um to me it is still something that comes with no guarantees and the affects of it long term are not really known really. I hope they continue to study the CBD part of it i do and i hope it does help more to find a way out of the pain they are in both physically and mentally.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12