Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  84
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Quotable Quotes 11

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." ~ Albert Einstein

“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” ~ Rumi

"Anger is the feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind." ~ Evan Esar

From a therapist's website:

"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change." - Brené Brown

"We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions." - Brené Brown

"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." - Robert Schuller

“As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.” - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign a weakness but a sign of strength." - Dalai Lama
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

When those who have the power to name and to socially construct reality choose not to see you or hear you …when someone with the authority of a teacher, say, describes the world and you are not in it, there is a moment of psychic disequilibrium, as if you looked in the mirror and saw nothing. It takes some strength of soul — and not just individual strength, but collective understanding — to resist this void, this non-being, into which you are thrust, and to stand up, demanding to be seen and heard.

~ Adrienne Rich (1929-2012)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234