Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ODSP - Not officially diagnosed, and not sure what to do.

Hey, helpwelp. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I grew up in a poor family too, have depression and anxiety (only diagnosed well into adulthood), chronic migraines, and the scalp scratching thing which mostly comes up when I am working quite intensely. I also relate to sleep and appetite disturbances in the past. I took some extra time and an alternative route to achieve my high school graduation. Right now, I am doing quite well. I've learned quite a bit recently about my conditions and am getting help that works from my supportive husband and a good pro. I have managed a lot that at points I never would have thought possible. Time has brought much within reach.
    It may be helpful for your application that you have a consistent doctor. I am sure I have read material in waiting rooms encouraging Canadians to be proactive patients, by bringing written talking points to appointments and asking direct questions like, "What's my diagnosis?" I look forward to hearing any updates you choose to share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, here to update. I have been denied. :/ I am very depressed now but I have read that denial is very common and can be overturned, so I am trying to be positive.

It turns out I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety at a young age, I was just unaware. I submitted two psych reports with my application and my doctor was very thorough. I don't think anything is amiss from my application. I also included a self-report.

Anyway... I was wondering how I should proceed at this point. I have the internal review form with me. Should I fill it in myself (in which case how much can I write and what is your advice?) and submit it, or leave it for now and take it to legal aid?

Thanks again for all your help and warm welcoming.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend that you get advice from Legal Aid and your doctor.

ODSP is a bureaucracy. For reasons that escape me, they seem to deny most claims the first time around, almost as if that's their policy, but many are approved on appeal./

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your advice. I would like to think that I still have a chance. They seem to want you to give up... Not yet for me.

One of my relatives appealed on her own without legal aid and it was overturned for her. Do you think I could do this on my own or is that not wise?

I may or may not just want to get out of having to set up legal aid. I'll always try to get out of phone calls. But whatever I need to do, I guess.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don?t know how useful legal aid would be. Medical input is more critical I think.

Start by taking the forms to your doctor.

Posted using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12