Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help

I need help

I am trying to kick my addiction to self injury. It is really hurting my boyfriend to see me do this to myself. He takes away anything sharp I can use to hurt myself with, but I don't think this is an effective way to get me to stop. I always find some sort of instrument to use to get the job done behind his back. I tried some different ways in the past to stop. I even tried talking to a psychiatrist, although I didn't like him, so I never went back after the first session. I am thinking about starting counseling that my school offers. I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions on how I can beat this thing. It's been going on for 6 years, and I'm tired of it and I'm ready to stop and move on with my life.
    Thanks.
    &quot;How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved. Lets just hope that is enough.&quot;<br />-Conor Oberst

Re: I need help.

I would definitly check out the counseling your school is offering...for me personally I thought I could stop on my own but you said it exactly when you said that it is an addiction...most people wouldn't expect someone addicted to drugs or alcohol to quit on their own w/out help and no one expects you to be able to kick the habbit alone...also, I would suggest trying another therapist...it took me three therapist to finally find the one that was able to help me...don't give up...i'm glad you have the desire to stop b/c nothing will&injury forum...I know there is more than one that deals with ways to distract yourself...good luck
    How can you have a beautiful ending without making beautiful mistakes.

I think I will give the counseling a try. Thanks so much for the support. It is nice to be able to talk about this stuff with people who understand and are going through the same thing, instead of me just keeping it inside and not talking about it.
    &quot;How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved. Lets just hope that is enough.&quot;<br />-Conor Oberst

Counselling is a wonderful idea for you, Mia. It's obvious from what you've written that you're ready to get this behind you and get on with your life. That's the first step toward recovery...the realization that it's something you must do for yourself.

Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted!

Thanks so much for the support! =)

Hi Mia713 and welcome to psychlinks Sounds like you're well on your way to moving towards making some positive changes.

thanks!

just remember that you deserve to be better that you can live a happy relativly normal life without this habbit .. you are aloud to feel and express emotion do not let anybody convince you other wise we are all worth the best so you are too !
    try going out for a walk and surrounding yourself with good people that you trust and accept you..
    yours trully
    ashley
    Life is all a perception. Do you see what I see? ...
    The more I fade away, the more they want me to stay...

Thanks for the advice and support Ashley.

no probleme just know that you are not alone in this and that people can help you beet it you deserve to be better it is hard but worth it
    yours trully
    ashley
    Life is all a perception. Do you see what I see? ...
    The more I fade away, the more they want me to stay...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast