Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wanted to say Hi.

Hi, My name is Mia. I am an 18 year old college student, and I am new here. I found psychlinks one night while doing some research on SI, and I figured it might help to talk to other people who share the same problem as me. After looking at numerous mental health sites for the past 2 years or so, I also think I might suffer from borderline personality disorder. I have almost all the symptoms, I don't know where to go from here to get help for it though. I know I should consider therapy, but I am afraid to. I don't know why I am afraid, but I just feel so uncomfortable going to some random person and telling them all these really intimate details about myself. I need to just force myself to do it, but it isn't as easy as I thought it would be to get help.
    &quot;How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved. Lets just hope that is enough.&quot;<br />-Conor Oberst

Re: Just wanted to say Hi.

Just wanted to say welcome.

Welcome to the forums, Mia! We're very glad you're here.

If you'll think about it for a minute, there's not a person alive who's not a little bit nervous and scared when he, or she, embarks on something new. Being afraid is pretty normal, I'd say. As you say, you're going to a stranger to spill your guts. That ain't easy, McGraw!

Anyhow, it looks like you've got the right attitude to begin the journey to health and happiness. Determination to make yourself the best person you can be is half the battle won.

Thanks guys. I love how everyone is so supportive here! It makes the road to recovery so much easier.
    &quot;How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved. Lets just hope that is enough.&quot;<br />-Conor Oberst

Hey Mia!
    Welcome

Hi Mia,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome

Thanks!

hello there mia and welcome to this site i hoep it helps you out and brings you the answersyou are looking for
    chow
    ashley-kate
    Life is all a perception. Do you see what I see? ...
    The more I fade away, the more they want me to stay...

thanks ashley.

Hi Mia
    I'm new here to. I discovered it awhile back but just recently got up the courage to post

I never was one to consider therapy, there was just too much in my life but I think we can all relate to not being comfortable with talking to a stranger about our problems. It can be hard at first, but for me it was a little easier than I thought it would be. Now I find it really nice to have the support and someone that I can talk about these issues with. It's also helpful having someone give me the medications I've probably needed most of my life but never got.

Take care and welcome,
    Rosa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast