Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Existential OCD

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Existential OCD

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Existential OCD

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“When all else is stripped away physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, even existentially—we still have as our last vestige of human freedom the ability to choose at any given moment or in any circumstance how we may find meaning in our suffering.”

-- Viktor Frankl

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What always impressed me about Viktor Frankl, even from when I first discovered him at age 16 in his book Man's Search For Meaning, is that no one has a better reason, right, and history for statements like this, born as they were in Auschwitz with the constant threat of death at any moment hanging over his head for years even after most of his family had already been killed.

See: Dr. Viktor E. Frankl of Vienna, Psychiatrist of the Search for Meaning, Dies at 92 - The New York Times

He was a shining testament to the true power of the human spirit.