Thanks Thanks:  92
Likes Likes:  135
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What to do i dont know .

That out of jurisdiction thing is weird. She lives in Ontario has an Ontario health card should be able to get help anywhere in the province. Let’s just pray they don’t have room at her normal “in and out the next day” hospital so she can stay where she is and continues to get the compassionate help she needs and deserves for a change!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What hospital is she in now, FMN?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately hospital called Heather is still testing those boundaries. She is very high mania If i don't go and take her out there will be actions on her part to make me regret not taking her.
    I have decided to try the pass informed nurse hsb will be coming with me to take her out . Also informed her i will be setting boundaries with Heather if things start going bad i will be taking her back Always something always. The staff seem to understand Heathers mind how it works they are seeing a side that many getting upset with and angry with but they are being understanding I hope they dont give up on her.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update FMN. Understanding is the first and most important step so I guess we can say they made more progress in a short period than with all her previous stays at the other place. It’s hard to find that balance between being a loving protective mom and settling boundaries.

Don’t forget it’s not a cake; there’s no exact right recipe for caring and loving. You just need to follow your heart and never lose hope. I’m still hanging on so you have to hang in there’s also

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She lives in Bowmanville so has to go to Oshawa Hospital
    She is in Peterborough Hospital by me i took her there last Saturday it was all too overwhelming for me anymore.

i have her here now on a pass she is not changing she is still very high mania and this is day 6 she has been there.
    She said Doctor may discharge her Monday omg Nothing seems to be touching the mania.

They have now put her back on seriquol xr at night time as well as immediate release at night and um Lithium night and and morning now split it up. and prn med which i gave her at 430 before leaving hospital Olanzapine 2.5 to 5mg i gave her 5mg The mania is not subsiding.

She has a swollen ankle and she is still running on it she does not even feel pain but at least here she is on soft grass hoping she can just run some of this energy off.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just tired just so sad no change no hope

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's happening now?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She got an hour pass from hospital did not return at 6pm got a call from hospital looking for her called and called and called drove around city for two hours could not find her.

Nurse finally called me said they talked to her and she was on other side of city east side told me where she was.
    I went there a found her she said she was walking to Montreal walking to Montreal.

This was one of the reasons i took her to hospital in first place because she kept having thoughts of walking to these far places and she would just disappear for the day no one could find her.
    She would not answer her phone i begged her to call me i told her i was losing control to please call me. i dont know if this is the mania or the schizophrenia the nurse could not tell me either. she said she is getting discharged wed no change in her thoughts but her talking has slowed down

she is so irrational at times she really believed she could walk to montreal. when i found her she just did not want me to be mad at her
    i returned her to hospital after looking for her for over 2 hours.
    I dont know how to keep her safe not with her mind telling her to up and leave all the time.
    She walks and walks for hours all day even on a injured ankle that is swollen it wont heal she just walks and walks to these places she thinks she can reach. No change and i dont know how to keep her safe. Sorry i really am sorry i just get so lost i get so anxious i dont want any harm to com to her and i know it will if i dont find her

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the hospital test for recreational drug use upon returning to the hospital?

(For a short time, we thought my brother had schizophrenia, but it was apparently his drug use causing/triggering episodes of psychosis -- leading to loitering and getting arrested.)
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Does the hospital test for recreational drug use upon returning to the hospital?
    Good Question

I'm just thankful you found her FMN. Sad they are releasing her though without stabilizing her

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast