Thanks Thanks:  92
Likes Likes:  139
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What to do i dont know .

It is indeed sad, @forgetmenot. It's hard to understand how any of that helped anyway.

TODAY i get a call from her they are releasing me her pdoc does not want to sign form to get her diagnosis reevaluated

i guess she asked if she could get a second opinion on her diagnosis he did not like that.
    Was that what you were told by staff at the hospital, FMN?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is it Dr Baxter it does not help they sedate her so much on drugs she should not have then send her to street after i have asked them please please just call me.

I dont understand the system that when she asked to stay to get reevaluated the answer is no usually she shows no sign of wanting to change but this time the sign was there.

I am grateful for her ACT team i am they give her support they do i just faxed the prescription to them who will send it to her pharmacy they will see her tomorrow.

I informed the secretary on phone i am not sure i will give her any meds tonight hate giving meds when sedatives are given on top of them but i will evaluate that later on tonight.
    Why say she can stay and get help then take it away

Sorry she has the form here the nurse gave her for Whitby Psych that she has to ask another doctor to fill out

Her release prescription was filled by her own pdoc so he did talk to the nurses there.

It is ok it really is ok she is safer here she is.

In order for her to go to Whitby psych she was told she would have to be admitted to the psych floor in hospital and her doctor did not want that either. I do understand that i do .
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. The whole thing does seem a bit reckless.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is very reckless knowing her history but i guess that is not their concern their job is to sedate her i guess and the did that for sure. When i talked to the male nurse last evening i was told they would evaluate her meds and they would be keeping her. Her pdoc did make some changes to her meds dropped antidepressant up her lithium and um dropped her sleeping pill and put her back on seriqual hs. Let see how that works ugggggggg Gone are the days when they kept patients when med changes were being made just so they could be watched more carefully but in a way it makes sense because her behavior

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sorry i meant to say her behavior should be watched in community not in hospital.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    ...but in a way it makes sense because her behavior
    I'm sorry but I don't agree at all. It does not make any sense at all. Easier and more convenient for them to not deal with the issue and let her ACT team deal with her, pushing the problem on to someone else, removing the need to actually work to help someone that has complex issues maybe... And yes it is irresponsible and reckless. We have thousands of people on the streets of Winnipeg because of that same Mental Health Stigma. I'm sick of it and sick of hearing about helpless people abandoned to themselves and sent to the streets without being properly taken care of just because they are "problematic" and or "regular customers" There is no justification or excuse for it. And yes it is one of my "triggers" and it makes me sick to my stomach. If they weren't "problematic" they wouldn't wind up there in distress needing help in the first place.

Imagine what would happen to the same girl if her mom wasn't FMN?

I had an actual "Happy, Joyful day" today. Driving home from the city I was all alone and for once in a heck of a long time I felt a sense of hope and joy. And also at the same time I felt really happy that she had decided on her own and asked to stay for help. In my mind I was at peace knowing she would be safe at least for a bit... Then I come home and read this.

(Not your fault FMN so don't feel bad for sharing it. I appreciate the fact that you did)

I'm OK, I just needed to get that off my chest

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is ok GaryQ i knew in my heart they would not help her i knew this.

It was hard for me working at this hospital because i saw the abuse the mentally ill were given.

It is a trigger for me too. There is no justice for how they are treated.

I ask the same thing what happens to the ones that have no family to protect them what happens to them.

They are pushed to the streets to fend for themselves I am tired now

My girl will ask another doctor to fill out the form to get into Whitby

she just wants to be heard thats all.

I understand her pdoc not wanting to get a second opinion no doctor wants that but to me she is showing interest in her health so why not encourage it.

I am afraid to take her back to her apt tomorrow i am afraid ok dam it but it is her wish i really hate this i do.

Not just her ok but my twin my brother they need help they need a safe haven a place they know they can speak what is in their mind and not be judged.

Yes she has addictive disorder and she has schizo effective disorder and borderline disorder and bipolar but who the hell cares really they dont understand ok.

She is not an illness i don't care what label they give her she is not an illness she is my daughter she is hurting dam it.

She has no cause and affect she does not have it she only sees in the moment that is what makes everything so hard.

I do hope her Pinewood worker starts the DBT treatments soon i do hope they do not give up on her with that because of this admission.

Please don't be mad but i wish i could keep them all with me

They need to be kept safe they do from their decisions their minds.

No one understand i cannot get them to understand and i have given up trying to talk to anyone

i just keep praying and praying for a miracle really because i am afraid of what will happen to them when i am gone I am so afraid for them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GaryQ it will be ok somehow it will be ok.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    … i am afraid of what will happen to them when i am gone I am so afraid for them.
    then I guess you just stuck sticking around for a long, loooong time

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is what keeps me here when i am so low i know i cannot leave them i cannot give them more pain then they are already in.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast