0 Thread(s)

Re: Coping Tip of the Day

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Are Not Your Brain

When someone mentions the word habit, most people think of repetitive physical actions. While those certainly are habits, we consider a larger range of responses to be habits as well. For example, if you constantly avoid a situation, person, or location because of how uncomfortable it makes you feel, you also acting in a habitual way. The same goes for engaging in repetitive thoughts caused by deceptive brain messages that do not lead to a solution or any forward progress.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling Great: The Revolutionary New Treatment for Depression and Anxiety

Our negative moods do not result from what’s wrong with us, but rather -- what’s right with us.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 Ways to Build Resilience in Challenging Times

1. One of the key strategies suggested by professionals includes having/evolving meaning and purpose in life or, put more aptly, “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”
    2. Second, cognitive, emotional, and behavioural flexibility can be helpful in incrementing the level of resilience. To put it more succinctly, flexibility is the ability to adjust your expectations and the way you respond.
    3. Third, practicing mindfulness or meditation can go a long way to boost your resilience.
    4. Fourth, following resilient role models who do not tell you, but show you, can potentially aid you in building resilience.
    5. Fifth, leaning on your support systems when you need it is crucial in building your resilience.
    6. Sixth, while it is hard to be positive in adverse and tough times, an optimistic outlook encourages you to expect that good things will happen to you, and thus, increments your resilience.
    7. Seventh and last, staying true to your belief system can actually be great for your health. Practicing religious or spiritual activities bring comfort and can exponentially enhance your resilience.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life Isn't Good or Bad; It Just Is
    By Bob Miglani

...Sometimes I put way too much emphasis on trying to figure out what is right and wrong.

What is the right path and what is the wrong path. What is good with the world and what is bad. What I like and what I don't like. What someone thinks and what they don't think.

With so much unpredictability in life and chaos at work these days in our uncertain world, what I have learned is that it really doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter if we label life as "good" or "bad." It just is. It is the way it's supposed to be.

All the overanalysis, overthinking, overplanning, overlabeling--all of that doesn't accomplish anything. Putting a label on something doesn't help me feel better!

In fact the opposite happens: You freeze and get stuck overthinking, trying to compartmentalize everything. You get overwhelmed by the chaos of life.

So much of our stress and anxiety come from our attempts to attach a "good" or a "bad" to the challenges we encounter in life. We believe things ought to be a certain way. We feel things in life should be generally "good."

And when they aren't, we feel really hurt. We feel disappointed. We feel burned. And we stop moving forward. We stop experiencing the full array of choices life has to offer during our journey.

Our reluctance to accept the fluid nature of life is at the center of so much of our paralysis.

I believe that, in order to deal with uncertainty and the chaotic up-and-down nature of life, we have to accept that life just is and embrace the chaos that we inevitably encounter.

Life is just the way it is supposed to be: unpredictable, good, bad, ugly, and great, all rolled up into one incredibly short experience...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screenshot_2020-09-09 An Invite for you - assistiv gmail com - Gmail.png

Link to register for free event/webinar: https://pesi.zoom.us/webinar/registe...PRG5aoqcc7Q%20

From David Burns' e-mail newsletter today:

"I'd like to invite you to a virtual event next Tuesday, Sept 15th, at 4 PM (West Coast Time) at Book Passage, a famous San Francisco bookstore, to celebrate the official release of Feeling Great! Rhonda, my podcast hostess, will ask me a few questions, and then we'll open it up for general Q and A.

Feeling Great emerged from 40 years of research on how psychotherapy actually works, and more than 40,000 therapy sessions with individuals struggling with depression and anxiety. The book includes upgrades for all of the cognitive therapy techniques in my first book, Feeling Good, as well as powerful new techniques that open the door to ultra-rapid recovery."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314