Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trivia

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trivia

Cereal trivia from Wikipedia:

"Wheaties was created in 1922, as a result of an accidental spill of a wheat bran mixture onto a hot stove by a Minnesota clinician working for the Washburn Crosby Company (later General Mills)."

"Sales of Wheaties in the US has declined significantly. From 2005 to 2014 sales of Wheaties declined 78%."
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trivia

Seattle home prices third most expensive in nation | king5.com

In 2018, the average cost to buy a home in Seattle has risen to $753,600, beating out cities such as Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Boston and San Diego.

San Francisco, which remains the most expensive city to own a home, had an average home price of $1,366,000.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ud-despised-it

Fascinatingly, Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis and psychotherapy in general, disliked most music with a passion. With the exception of certain bland operas, he had practically no appreciation of music as an art form. Indeed, he avoided almost all music like the plague. One might even speculate that Freud suffered from a significant fear of music, a "music phobia."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigmund Freud was a fascinating but in many ways strange dude. The cocaine probably didn't help his neuroses and character flaws either.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of strange, I was shocked when I read Schopenhauer's biography many years ago. I assumed philosophers were mostly passive, nice people. Not Schopenhauer! He seemed to never regret pushing his female neighbor down a flight of stairs.

Wisdom Lovers - Existential Comics

"[The philosopher] Schopenhauer once pushed a woman down a flight of stairs because she was too noisy. He went to court for this, and as punishment had to pay her for the rest of his life."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prehistoric Footprints Discovered By Grand Canyon Hikers | Arizona Science and Innovation Desk

"It looks like a reptile track. Amphibian tracks tend to have short stubby little toes like salamander toes for example or toad toes...These are long skinny toes that look much more reptilian."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humans Change the World | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

About 74,000 years ago: Near-extinction! Modern humans almost become extinct; as a result of extreme climate changes, the population may have been reduced to about 10,000 adults of reproductive age.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything You Ever Wondered About Mucus and Phlegm

Mucus is so important that your body makes about a quart of the stuff on a normal day.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Everything You Ever Wondered About Mucus and Phlegm

Mucus is so important that your body makes about a quart of the stuff on a normal day.
    I wonder what the traffic hour "stopped at the red light" percentage of all that mucus can be visualized on public display in the form of nasal extraction
    AKA: "digging for gold"

And don't try and tell me any of you have never been seen "digging for a nugget" while driving

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trends in Agriculture -- North Dakota State University

For much of the world until the mid-1800s, most persons were involved in agriculture. For example in the United States, 90% of the population were farmers in 1790. Essentially, people produced the food they consumed...A century later (1890), farmers were 43% of the labor force. In another century (1990), farmers were 2.6% of the labor force.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast