Likes Likes:  105
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trivia

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trivia

I think a wave of instant depression hits the U.S. when McDonalds stops the "2 for 5" deal

2for5.png

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son and I both get coupons in our mailboxes for all the fast food outlets around us so we don't even have to wait for advertised special.

We're surrounded by fast food in this area: McDonalds, Wendys, A&W, Popeyes, Tim Hortons for Donuts, Caesar's Pizza. The only thing we were missing was a taco place but I noticed in the fall they had started building one.

This is a health food fanatic's dream home.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like being on a cruise ship except more walking to the different serving stations

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL pretty much!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only coupons I get now are for Dominos. We used to get Subway, McDonalds and Chicken Magic (a local shop that shut down ) "docket deals" on the back of receipts but they stopped doing those entirely. When I used to go to the shopping centre more regularly I used to practice (ie. face my anxiety about) ordering McDonalds with a (embarrassing) voucher once every couple of weekends, and a couple of times at Subway.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawaiian Pizza

Greek-Canadian Sam Panopoulos claimed that he created the first Hawaiian pizza at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada in 1962. Inspired in part by his experience preparing Chinese dishes which commonly mix sweet and savoury flavours, Panopoulos experimented with adding pineapple, ham, bacon and other toppings which were not initially very popular. The addition of pineapple to the traditional mix of tomato sauce and cheese, sometimes with ham or sometimes with bacon, soon became popular locally and eventually became a staple offering of pizzerias around the world. Panopoulos chose the name Hawaiian after the brand of canned pineapple they used...

Hawaiian was the most popular pizza in Australia in 1999, accounting for 15% of pizza sales

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pea soup - Wikipedia

Pea soup has been eaten since antiquity; it is mentioned in Aristophanes' The Birds, and according to one source "the Greeks and Romans were cultivating this legume about 500 to 400 BC. During that era, vendors in the streets of Athens were selling hot pea soup."

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramparts of Quebec City - Wikipedia

1280px-Quebec_City_Wall.jpg

The ramparts of Quebec City (Vieux-Quebec) is the only walled-in city in North America, and one of the oldest in the world.

Located in Canada, the Ramparts of Quebec City are the only remaining fortified city walls in North America north of Mexico. The British began refortifying the existing walls, after they took Quebec City from the French in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in 1759.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

House Sparrow "Passer domesticus" | Boreal Songbird Initiative

The entire North American population of the House Sparrow is descended from a few birds released in New York City's Central Park in 1850.

Native to Eurasia and North Africa, and introduced on all continents, excepting Antarctica, and many islands.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast