Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Trivia

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trivia

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...ng-ploy-2020-9

Right now, McDonald's franchisees - who own and operate 95% of the McDonald's locations in the US - are pushing for a simplified menu. The chain pared down its menu during the pandemic, cutting salads and all-day breakfast. Franchisees are pushing back against many of these items returning to the menu.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.isabeleats.com/calabacitas-recipe/

Calabacitas (which translates to “little squash” in English) is a Mexican dish made from sauteed zucchini or squash, corn, tomatoes and peppers. It's often served as a side dish, but is substantial enough to be served as a main vegetarian meal alongside some homemade flour tortillas.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trivia

That sounds delicious! Unfortunately, due to a medical condition, I can no longer eat some of the ingredients.

Corn I can't eat currently. Not sure about peppers - I haven't tried those recently.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know if I've ever eaten squash. I've certainly never purchased it. Does it taste/feel the same as zucchini?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. There are several varieties of squash and I hate them all. They are sort of like giant versions of zucchini but less tasty.

Even though Zucchini is in the squash family, to me it has a very different taste and texture. One way I like to cook it is sauteed with butter and garlic. Yummy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I used to hate zucchini because I only knew it mushy and overcooked. It wasn't until my old housemate cooked it properly one time that I realised it could actually be good.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 Foods That Are Good for Your Liver

Studies have shown that drinking coffee protects the liver from disease, even in those who already have problems with this organ...

Tea is widely considered to be beneficial for health, but evidence has shown that it may have particular benefits for the liver. One large Japanese study found that drinking 5–10 cups of green tea per day was associated with improved blood markers of liver health.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drinking coffee is also negatively correlated with a diagnosis of colon cancer, interestingly enough. Of course, lots of coffee drinkers still get colon cancer and in a strange quirk once they do they are advised to limit or curtail coffee drinking because it weakens the effect of chemotherapy.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/histo...time_n_4832325

Betty White is older than sliced bread.

Sliced bread was introduced in 1928 by inventor Otto Frederick Rohwedder. Before this moment, bread was sold in whole loaves as bakers didn't trust sliced bread could stay fresh. Betty White was born in 1922 and spent her early years not eating sliced bread.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast