Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Would I still qualify for ODSP under this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    Ironically the social interactions at work might seem gentle compared to dealing with ODSP and their bureaucracy BS.

I hope you can find a good resolution to all this.
    Unfortunately, thus far, this has not been the case. I dislike most of the social interactions. Plenty of nice people but many bothersome & unavoidable. Although that's not to imply it's anything against "rules" or reporting to HR though.

- - - Updated - - -

I've come back to this thread after receiving my decision from the Social Benefits Tribunal. I was denied. I'm quite livid with several things.

For one, it appears that the letter conceded my condition(s) were indeed "recurrent", however, the second point was related to how substantial they were. And they deemed they weren't substantial. To have them tell me that is nothing short of disgusting, cruel and beyond insulting. These conditions have not just consumed my life since high school/the last 6 years, but they've BEEN my entire life. The only difference in my life since 6 or 7 years ago has been my age. A number. That's it. I've been unable to do anything educationally. Nothing proffessionally. Nothing socially. These conditions are not just "substantial" - they've wrecked my entire life so far. Once again, I'm disgusted and livid to have someone who barely knows me claim that these haven't been "substantial".

I believe they also cited the fact I wasn't willing to take notoriously side-effect ridden drugs. I see @David Baxter mentioned this previously in the thread that they deny people for that. I took some when initially prescribed but felt very nauseous each time... and wasn't willing to go ahead with the rest. Unfortunately, may that have been the deciding factor? Would I simply have to agree to take these drugs? Is there any sort of appeal process after this? I'm guessing no?

Lastly, it appears that eventually, my decision letter will appear ONLINE on CanLII for anyone to read if they know or search my name (or possibly come up in Google search results). This is infuriating since I provided tons of VERY PERSONAL anecdotes in the various writings I've sent throughout this process, much of which is summarized or recited throughout this decision letter. This would be an egregious invasion of my privacy if it were posted online without my permission. How can I stop this?

Thanks in advance for any responses. I appreciate the time spent helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly, it was never made explicitly clear by the Social Benefits Tribunal, that hiring a lawyer to represent me would be free.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, related to that last point I made regarding a free/pro bono lawyer, I've spent the last 20 minutes Google searching on attempting to find one that represents people for matters related to the Social Benefits Tribunal. I've found nothing. I'm fine at researching too, so it sure seems like they make this process very, very difficult. Unbelievable. The only person in my city who I could find with experience noted on their profile was unfortunately not free and charges by the hour.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Would I still qualify for ODSP under this scenario?

You would have to contact the lawyer to fight this decision many have done just that and won. You would have to ask the lawyer also if payment was only given if they won the case. I am sorry you have been denied but with a psychiatrist stating you are not able to function normally or with great difficulty in the work place i dont' understand how you can be denied I hope you can get legal representation i really do because with their help you can win.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12