Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Itís Been a Rough Couple of Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    They are still responsible for their behavior -- otherwise, who is?
    lol ME, apparently! lol

Sent from my Hollycopter using SlappaSquawk
    (Formerly JollyGreenJellyBean)

My dog is a human whisperer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    I've been watching a bunch of Jordan Peterson videos lately and although I have no idea how much help this will be (if any) I'll just put this one here:
    Thank you, gooblax! This was very good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itís Been a Rough Couple of Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    I've been watching a bunch of Jordan Peterson videos lately...
    Sorry, meant to add more/edit regarding the video, but hereís the rest of my reply, gooblax:

I am very very very patient with him. At first I was too patient. Way too patient.

I havenít told him that I rewash some of his dishes, for example. If Iím putting away dishes and there are some still dirty, I just put them back in the sink. Or if I do mention, itís sometime later, like, ďYes, hon, you DO need glasses. I donít think you can see the food on some of the dishes because of your bad eyesight.Ē

If I come in from outside or return from errands he will actually show me heís done dishes, or vacuumed, or cleaned the toilet: I say ďWow! It looks great in here! Thanks for doing that!Ē or ďOmigosh, this is terrific! I hope you know how much I appreciate that!Ē *all smiles and hugs and kisses*

When I do dishes I forget about them, or wait until he sees I did them. He usually doesnít shower me with affection, but I donít mind: the dishes are done. lol Donít have to do them later, donít have to pile more dishes in the sink and have to wash even more dishes.

The video really helped. It very much reminded me that change is tough. And itís probably a lot tougher than I think. I donít know, it always seems like Iím the one who has to adapt and be flexible. I feel so worn out from all this constant adapting!! lol

~ (Edited for more explanation/misspellings) ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too tired to explain entirely, but I think I finally got through to him. Somehow.

Iíve been speaking to him quite calmly, no yelling. I did have to leave the house once in the car because of his hostility toward me: canít remember if I mentioned that day already. I have to isolate myself outside or in another room sometimes, but so far he hasnít rattled me like that day I cried so hard after returning home from errands that I had to take a tiny piece of clonazepam before I could stop bawling my eyes out.

I have to give him some credit.
    He hates it when he makes me cry and feels so bad after that HE cries! lol

Maybe itís because now that I am off these stupid ADHD meds that donít work for me I can actually THINK and act calmly.

Thank you all for all your info and support! I really appreciate it! I feel so much better after I come here and you all read my gigantic essays and then you even write back!!! lol

Iím glad I came back! Whew!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234