Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burger King's New Unhappy Meals

Going to try an Impossible burger soon at Red Robin, which has them already:

Can the Impossible Burger boost Red Robin's sluggish sales?

Already tried the excellent meatless burger at Carl's Jr. (Hardees) which has the same brand of burger (Beyond Meat) served at A&W in Canada:

A&W sold out of its new plant-based burger all across Canada in a matter of weeks | Financial Post
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to your review. I might try one of those.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As @GaryQ may have predicted:

Burger King faces backlash after linking ad campaign to mental health, showing the risks of cause-based marketing

...The campaign quickly drew criticism from some on social media, who claimed it was downplaying mental illness or attempting to profit off the subject. Others wondered whether Burger King was making resources available for people with mental health issues or making monetary contributions to any organizations. "Mental disorders are not just moods like 'pissed' and 'DGAF,'" one poster Tweeted. "They cause terrible suffering and hundreds of suicides every day. This new campaign of yours is extremely distasteful."

...Asked to respond to the negative feedback on social media, a spokeswoman for Burger King said the company wasn't offering interviews for the campaign and said the chain is donating an undisclosed amount to Mental Health America.

...Experts say businesses seeking to use a topic like mental health in their marketing need to show it's a genuine, ongoing priority and not just a one-off.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muchos Gracias @Daniel ,

One of the few "gifts" that come with my neurophychiatric disorders is an ability to see beyond that what the average person sees in many given situations and with a totally different view and perspective (mainly because the the brain of someone with TS and other disorders is usually wired totally diferently than a "neurotypical's brain). Usually leads to useless arguments more than anything else though
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Robin / Impossible Burger update:

We called Red Robin ahead of time to see if they have the Impossible Burger. They do, but is is $14.69 ($19.79 CDN) for each person (including unlimited fries but not a drink). And since they have servers, you have to pay a tip on top of that. So I am going to wait for Burger King's Impossible Burger.

So we are going to Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) again for lunch. Their tasty Beyond Meat burgers are less than $7 each (fries not included but they have senior/veteran discounts).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12