Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1030
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 6

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    3 days
    That's not very long. I usually need painkillers for a week or so after a large extraction.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Research project is going well.

2. Been relaxing a few minutes a day on an inversion table. Supposedly will help prevent future back problems.

3. Enjoyed a Chinese restaurant, including the free hot tea, after going to the gym.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. Plant is still alive for the moment.
    2. Submitted feedback for a work thing before the deadline.
    3. I haven't been actively making myself feel worse.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    Plant is still alive for the moment.
    Woo hoo! Go gooblax!!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Friday night Had written bud an email without really mentioning my intention. Decided not to screw up his weekend and put it in draft folder till monday and popped my pills and 4 mg of clonazepam Hoping to get some sleep. Woke up wide awake 3 hours later around 1 am. Even more p'd off that the pills didn't even make me sleep.

looked at the hockey preseason stats and then said F*** IT, pulled out my credit card and subscribed to the early bird full season pass Rogers NHL save 20 by doing it early. 202$. Enough of this cheap SOB sh*t. Only passion I have left is watching the Montreal Canadiens play. Only thing where I can dream for a while of seeing the cup come home at least one last time. I used to get the French package for 63$ a year but that only gave me 60 games out of 82 games and needed to have TV to get the remainder. And if they made it the playoffs too. Which worked ok when I was in Winnipeg. Of course the new non flash system keeps screwing up and resets the game to the beginning over 10 times a game and what's pathetic is when they play Winnipeg I'm blacked out and hopefully the VPN redirect through Toronto or Vancouver trick will still work. Thankfully they only play them twice.

Then proceeded to watch the first 3 preseason games which I already knew they won but since Montreal was not in the playoffs last year my hockey buzz died early and have been aching to watch a game and see the new kids play.

Then went to Walmart for 9 and there was 2 of the same Chapman chocolate brownie fudge ice cream hidden way back still on sale. They came home with the few things I needed.

Then managed to get get some sleep in afternoon then watched the kids shootout the Ottawa Senators 4-0. Pretty cool since we only had a few regulars playing.

Bonus: that new prospect we got in the Pacioretty trade along with Thomas Tatar (which we had to take off their hands in the deal or Vegas couldn't take Patch because of the salary cap actually is one of our best players and was a bonus for the trade) anyway Tatar was one of our best players and Nick Suzuki has developed amazing since we got him in the trade. He's on his way to winning a roster spot and being one of our best players with heart, talent and an amazing sense of hockey 2 outstanding players, a great still young veteran and a young outstanding prospect all for a lazy "you guys go and do all the work and get me the puck so I can score" guy.

Bonus: no more "figure skating picture taking players on the team!" It's now loaded with heart grit and fearlessness again. Sure we got no 100 points 50 goal scorers. But we got guys now ready to put it all on the line night after night. And that is something worth watching even when you lose a game.

P.S. decided the draft email i wrote for bud was better off being sent to the trash can and deleted it permanently.

- 1 dentist 4:30 tomorrow
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough of this cheap SOB sh*t.
    That's how I feel now about HBO streaming now -- well worth it.

What I find ironic is people who have plenty of money will do pirate streaming. Greedy! It may be part of the reason HBO is raising their monthly fee from $15 to $20 a month.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Having fun in my yard watching jets put out a wildfire that is 10 miles from here.

2. Luckily it should rain tomorrow and the next day.

3. Fire is headed opposite of our direction (towards forest instead of people).

BONUS: Local fire department is giving updates on Facebook.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonder if dentist will be able to make molds tomorrow. The last extraction isn’t healing as fast and there doesn’t seem to be much of a healed clot. Hole is very deep and seems like I have to push it down for it to not hurt. Still feels like a 2 day old extraction. Maybe she should have given me an RX for antibiotics. No smell but it wasn’t one of the break the jaw extractions and it’s the root area that hurts.

I hate dentists... I don’t care how sweet, kind, caring, generous and compassionate she is she’s still a woman that inflicts pain and torture for a living. And all the great technology they have now has changed nothing since I was little many many years ago. It still hurts like a bitch when they tip out a tooth. Or drill deep in a tooth that’s not 100% frozen. I sucked that one up to get it over with ASAP and avoid more needle jabbing but let me tell you it sure as hell was not fun.
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hopefully since you're going back anyway you can at least talk to her about how it's healing and whether there's anything she can prescribe now.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 - Still sore (actually due for some Tylenol) but the gums are slowly shrinking closing up around the last extraction site which technically is a good thing. And as @gooblax mentioned maybe she can prescribe something if there's a slight infection or something. Tylenol ain't really effective for tooth pain

2 - One sunny day without rain forecasted for the next 10 days and it just happens to be today. Sweet

A42541A8-E5F6-4654-B330-D2990B22ADCA.jpg

3 - Went to bed past 11... wide awake at 3 and still can't sleep... at least my appointment isn't till 4:30 but have the Diabetes TÚlÚ-care nurse scheduled to call at 2pm. Maybe sneak a few hours sleep somewhere in before then.

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103