Thanks Thanks:  68
Likes Likes:  95
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: My ongoing therapy dilemma

Half the problem (or more than half) with the scheduling has been caused by me and I completely recognise that. I said I was uncomfortable with him emailing to suggest a time (because I'd get caught up in yes-no-yes-no ing), so he started leaving it up to me.

Which is how I'm guessing most of his clients do it, except most of his clients are in-person and just decide when they want the appointment and book it via reception. But that avenue doesn't work for me (as explained by the time slot not being on his regular office hours so isn't managed by reception).

So it has just become increasingly difficult (as it actually seems to make the yes-no-yes-no ing worse) and we need to realign with what we're actually doing, and I think the answer is for me to accept that I'll still be yes-no-yes-no ing but to pre-commit for awhile despite that going on. Assuming he's still fine to keep working with me and is OK with that arrangement too.

Hopefully he'll reply today. If not I might text him but I'm not sure what to say and he hasn't invited me to text him this time so I dunno if that's a good idea or what.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go ahead and text him.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He replied. Session on the 24th. Guess that'll do.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm still feeling really sad when I think about trying to talk to my therapist about stuff to the point that I don't know if I'll be able to say anything. I'm going to try writing a "in case I don't want to talk" list over the week.

Just had cake and chips for dinner after I got home, sat at the computer and tried to mindlessly distract myself from thoughts that make me upset and sad... so life as a 30y.o. is clearly going well.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hang in there young lady

You are just reaching the prime of your life. My best years were in my 30's. And my teenage years were in my 40's after the heart attack and triple bypass and the nasty divorce things got pretty wild for a few years in Quebec and when I moved here. I had my ups and down suicidal years but those followed me all my life. But if I look back there were some really great times. Some stories are almost unbelievable yet true.

Trust me on this one, the best years are ahead of you for another 25-30 years if not more. Experienced in your field, less and less treated as a child etc (well except for you mom but that'll probably last forever)

Making progress (slow is still progress) dealing with some of your issues. Way more assertive than just 2 years ago. I could go on and on.

Enjoy the next 20 years to their fullest because after that life is like a roll of toilet paper the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Then when you get to my age in 27 years you can look back, smile and say, yeah Gary was right. These were great Years.

Them when you get to Dr B's age.... (Anything up or down is possible)
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a good point, e.g. stress decreases as age/habituation increases.

Another point:

In the old days, I remember when my dad would combat stress by taking us every month or so to go fishing, etc. Now, stress is managed more by technological means that may not be as effective, e.g. less social or outdoorsy.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here to cheer you up... dentist made me suffer I got a hole the size of a crater that barely starting to thaw and already hurts. Managed to swallow a T3 and 2mg clonazepam since I'm not sure which will be worse the pain or the anxiety

B716F83B-0AA6-460C-9FD5-A98052FA5DD8.jpg

Weird pic is upside down that hole is top left back. My last molar �� gone
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678