Thanks Thanks:  481
Likes Likes:  560
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Re: My ongoing therapy dilemma

All good. No need for Canadian sorry It's useful that I realise that up front rather than trying to pretend it's all fine during the session and falling to bits like a weirdo afterwards.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    No need for Canadian sorry
    Ha ha! It is contagious. I say sorry now all the time at Walmart

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I say it pretty frequently too. Most often from almost walking into people in the corridors at work because there's a lot of blind corners. Someone even put a mirror up at the kitchen exit a few years ago to help prevent collisions. Neither person is actually sorry cause no one's done anything wrong other than attempting to walk.

Just had my session. Stayed very much on a practical level but that was ok this time. Luckily psych was first to mention whether or not we'd have an in-person session next month and, when I said that I'd like to, he suggested a possible location area. So that addressed most of my concerns right there without me having to say any of the other stuff. (Obviously although there's stuff behind that other stuff that I'll still need to deal with sometime, it's good that it didn't have to be immediately.)

We also discussed the decision I need to make about the counsellor. He thinks that if I'm finding that things are going ok in my main therapy relationship, then I can probably put a pause on the other one (and vice versa, if he wasn't helping then it would make sense to stop seeing him). I agree in principle, however I'm not sure that he understands just how messed up I get when things aren't going ok, nor can I easily predict when things will become un-ok. It's like a bit of a safety net and I'm not sure if I'm ready to give it up, even though this safety net has a few holes in it.

Regardless, I need to do something about my next booked session with counsellor because it interferes with the flight I booked. I'd thought I'd be able to book the flight for a couple of days later, but my mum had decided I should arrive at a time that my dad can pick me up from the airport... which was Saturday afternoon. One shouldn't book late afternoon flights because afternoon storms are typical here, so there was no way around it. So I'll have to decide if I just cancel it or want to set a different appointment.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fact he short circuited you're meet in person debate is hilarious

Now a suggestion; when you're in a somewhat mentally ok mood ask yourself: Is the counselor helping me or making things worse. If he's really not helping (and I don't mean you having issues, I mean him having incompetency issues) The possibility of reversing the progress you made is real. Sometimes you have to eliminate those that don't help. But that's your call. From up here reading what's been going on down under.... Doesn't seem like you and him are making much progress together. And some might find 2 or 3 or more therapists a good idea. Finding one good one is better than a bunch of not good ones.

And all my suggestions and advice always come with a 100% satisfaction or your money back
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Ha ha! It is contagious. I say sorry now all the time at Walmart
    I say it pretty frequently too. Most often from almost walking into people in the corridors at work because there's a lot of blind corners. Someone even put a mirror up at the kitchen exit a few years ago to help prevent collisions. Neither person is actually sorry cause no one's done anything wrong other than attempting to walk.
    Ah but do either of you find yourself apologizing to walls, doors, and furniture when you bump into them? I do that a lot and I have to admit when I catch myself doing it it cracks me up.

We also discussed the decision I need to make about the counsellor. He thinks that if I'm finding that things are going ok in my main therapy relationship, then I can probably put a pause on the other one (and vice versa, if he wasn't helping then it would make sense to stop seeing him). I agree in principle, however I'm not sure that he understands just how messed up I get when things aren't going ok, nor can I easily predict when things will become un-ok. It's like a bit of a safety net and I'm not sure if I'm ready to give it up, even though this safety net has a few holes in it.

Regardless, I need to do something about my next booked session with counsellor because it interferes with the flight I booked. I'd thought I'd be able to book the flight for a couple of days later, but my mum had decided I should arrive at a time that my dad can pick me up from the airport... which was Saturday afternoon. One shouldn't book late afternoon flights because afternoon storms are typical here, so there was no way around it. So I'll have to decide if I just cancel it or want to set a different appointment.
    My advice is keep the counsellor for now as a safety net and see how things progress with the therapist, especially with the rare face-to-face session coming up.

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475