Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New here and struggling

Quote Originally Posted by AshesToAshes View Post
    I'll have to go inpatient if we cant find me treatment soon because I'll have to go through a refeeding treatment.
    At least here in the US, it seems it is still much easier to get insurance to approve 24/7 inpatient hospitalization rather than partial hospitalization.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am really trying but the panic attacks, anxiety, and being told what a stupid inadequate freak I am every day just is really getting to me.
    So maybe inpatient could be better than partial hospitalization in a way since you would be away from your family stressors?

And, of course, it can be harder to cope with anything while not having enough nutrition.

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    There are excellent hospitals out there and compassionate doctors and nurses that want to help you heal. Take this opportunity to get the support that you deserve. If you are going in on a volunteer basis then no threats of keeping you against your will right. You therapist and doctor sees that you need help now why not trust them and get in while there is a bed available. Sometimes one has to just reach out and take the help that is offered to them and trust...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    Running that much seems dangerous at the moment even if I'm no expert!
    It is but I'm trying to cut back but I have the subtype of anorexia that I compulsively exercise. So it's hard to stop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    So maybe inpatient could be better than partial hospitalization in a way since you would be away from your family stressors?

And, of course, it can be harder to cope with anything while not having enough nutrition.

From another thread:
    The problem with inpatient is I'm terrified of the lack of control. There is an partial here that provides housing and transportation for patients.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: compulsive exercise

I am not familiar with anorexia but have OCD. In general with compulsions, a popular strategy is to delay, even just 5 minutes at a time. Like a positive form of procrastination. It is made easier (or less difficult) when not taking anxious thoughts at face value and having some positive tasks to focus on instead.

In other words, "baby steps" to behavioral progress, made easier or more bearable with cognitive strategies.

There is also the tough love but very validating approach of DBT. Getting out of hell can feel like hell in itself but it is worth it, made easier/possible with distress tolerance techniques like distraction.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with inpatient is I'm terrified of the lack of control. There is an partial here that provides housing and transportation for patients.
    When do you see your GP/doctor again?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November 15th unless my therapist thinks I'm too critical and need sooner. But the apt on November 15th is to sit down with both my gp and therapist to look at lab work results and choose the next step. But they are giving me a lot of control over how the process goes because I was the one who came to my therapist and told her what treatment plan options I'm open to and explained that i need a more intensive treatment plan than therapy once a week. So I've been very involved and very adamant about ensuring they can help me get the help I need. My only rule was/is that inpatient hospitalization is not an option because I would feel too out of control. I explained that if in inpatient i know i would do what was required to get out or check out ama and then I would be less likely to feel able to seek treatment in the future. My therapist actually felt I was right and inpatient could cause me to feel so out of control that I would likely to quit all therapy and treatment entirely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have taken steps to prove to my therapist that I will not hide things from her about my disordered relationship with food as long as she allows me to maintain some control and have a say in my treatment plan.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I totally understand your fear in being admitted and I don’t know how it works in the states but here when I went and had myself admitted at my docs request for a week once they treated my like a 2 year old and threats galore of things like removal of my going out for a cigarette. A condition I had requested the the psychiatrist had agreed to.

Its good to know that you are seeking help and being honest with your therapist and knowing what would not be beneficial is good. Stand firm but remain flexible

I’d be afraid of being bitten by a rabbit. They got big sharp teeth! Did the mistake of following the masses when I was 8 or so and got a pet mouse... of course it bit me finger pretty hard! That was A very short episode lol

my idea of running is: Why you running? Is someone chasing you?
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast