Thanks Thanks:  204
Likes Likes:  1,586
Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4484899091929394959697 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 7

Got a good walk while waiting for my car to be aligned.
    Ha ha! When I first read that, I thought it said "Got a good walk while waiting for my cat to be aligned."

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    Ha ha! When I first read that, I thought it said "Got a good walk while waiting for my cat to be aligned."
    I'd imagine that the waiting period for a cat alignment is generally terrible.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! They fiercely resist any and all attempts to realign them.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And they will barter catupuncture for such services.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. Husband's elective shoulder surgery today went well. (He had a car accident decades ago, and this surgery was to prevent worsening of arthritis. He comes home tomorrow morning and starts physical therapy next week.)

2. Tried a pizza place I have been meaning to try for years now. It was pretty good, and the server offered to bring the pizza to my car when it was ready. So she got to meet the new dog too

3. Found a very small Asian supermarket. Bought a bunch of different noodles and got advice from the owner. She suggested I may want to make rice soup.
    Last edited by Daniel; January 8th, 2021 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

1. Burgers yesterday were successful. Mum didn't complain about hers being undercooked so I must have timed it right (she normally overcooks things).
    2. Went indoor rockclimbing with my bro. It was pretty fun and my anxiety subsided once we got started. I'll need to train grip strength for next time though - my forearms are going to be super sore tomorrow.
    3. That was the first real thing I've done with my brother since I got here (aside from briefly helping him with some stuff). I think he's having some 'life monotony' issues so I'm pleased that I could help him do something different, as well as helping myself do something different too.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. Husband is doing well. One more night in the hospital for pain management.

2. Got a lot done in the chores department (by waking up at 5 am, so I left plenty of time to procrastinate ).

3. The other pets are still very friendly to the kitten -- including letting him use their beds (even though he has his own).

20210110_113721.jpg

BONUS: Dogs have a new favorite chew: Jerky Braids

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

1. Went for a walk + short jog this morning.

2. Didn't have any negative run ins with all the offlead dogs that people walk in the park. The most disconcerting dog is an airedale who lopes around alone at the rugby field - no idea who the owner is, considering it has nothing to entertain itself with on the field. Although there's a little terrier that last week barked and circled me for the offense of walking past it on the footpath when it was trailing behind its owner by about 4 metres (and therefore inciting its friend dog to do the same) - seems to be less threatened and not bark at strangers walking past when it's closer to its owner.

3. Although I still didn't get much work done yesterday, I finished the main section that I'd aimed to do.

Bonus: The wifi was left on overnight for once, although I didn't make use of it because I went to bed fairly early and didn't wake up until 5am when I went to go turn it on.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BONUS: Was able to buy gas and food using my phone's digital wallet (G Pay) since I forgot my wallet at home.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    Bonus: The wifi was left on overnight for once, although I didn't make use of it because I went to bed fairly early and didn't wake up until 5am when I went to go turn it on.
    This one puzzled me. Why do they turn off the wi-fi at night?

Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4484899091929394959697 LastLast