Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to fall asleep naturally ?

I exercise everynight and come home and im unable to fall asleep naturally. I thought that exercise was supposed to help you fall sleep. And ive tried reading and taking a bath. Don't know what to do. Any ideas
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

Re: How to fall asleep naturally ?

When you exercise, you raise your heart rate and your metabolic rate and you become more alert. Physically, you may feel tired, but your overall metabolic rate is going to remain high for several hours.

Exercising (as long as you don't overdo it) is good both physically and psychologically but if you have trouble with insomnia you should avoid exercising late in the evening - really, avoid anything strenuous for a good few hours before you want to fall asleep.

3. Re: How to fall asleep naturally ?

ANYTHING STRENUOUS????

half an hour of cardio on a bicycle. lift weights for another half an hour. thats all I can do with my leg
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

this is something i used to do and now u have reminded me to try it again.

while trying to get to sleep..
    focus on your body.. is it tensed up? you can start with any part. your legs, hands, shoulders ect.
    let each (or all) part of you sink into\onto your bed. if your shoulders are up.. try to drop them, relax each part as u become aware of how they feel. are your fingers clenching the covers,or wrapped around your shoulders tightly, release them a little.
    as you are trying this.. think of your most favourite place..and picture yourself there, (mines a beach with the warm sun and i'm sinking into my bed as the sun warms each part me).

don't know if i've remembered the whole routine.. but i hope you get the idea.

if you can't sleep try it.. hope it helps.

and as david says.. try to avoid excercising late in the evening.

Warm milk - it's not just an old wive's tail! I don't like the taste of it so I put a smidgen of sugar and vanilla in it - tastes just like a vanilla latte!
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

how's the sleep prob going with you.. find anything that helps?

Nope. Even when I take an over the counter sleep aid. I still don't sleep well. The last couple of night I haven't been able to keep my legs still. I feel like I have ants in my pants at night. I can't tell if my legs hurt or what. I don't know what to do anymore

Have you looked into treatments for restless leg syndrome?

Do you mean like a sleep lab? If so those thing I've herd are so exepensive.. I've never been diagnosed with restless leg sydrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast