Thread: New meds

New meds

Im on a whole bunch of meds

Effexor
    Wellbutrin
    Lammictal
    serequel
    Lorazapam
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

Re: New meds

You may be able to reduce that list when things stabilize a bit, LostChild.

FYI, this is what they are for:

Effexor and Wellbutrin - to help with depression and anxiety
    Lamictal (lamotrigine) - a mood stabilizer
    Seroquel - probably to help with sleep although it will also help to control depression, anxiety, and mood swings
    Lorazapam - for anxiety and will help with sleep

With all this med chaging at once It sure does make you feel sick allthe time. Should I call my Pdoc?
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

Well im feeling much better then usuall and I don't feel sick. My pdoc upped my dose on the lamactil to 100mg after a week of 25mg. I don't know maybe im just having a realy good week..

Or maybe the new medications are starting to kick in... This is good news, LostChild.

"Well im feeling much better then usuall and I don't feel sick"

glad to hear that TLC... *s*

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Ok so today I decreased my Effexor to 75mg. So far it hasn't mad me sick or anything. ops i just jinks my self

Well since I can't make a new post at the moment Ill just add it to this one. I was reading about seroquel and it said that it will make you gain weight, eek. But I sure enjoy sleeping at night. Just thought I would share that with ya all.

When you read things about any medication bear in mind that just because something is listed as a side effect doesn't mean that YOU will experience that side-effect. Not everyone taking Seroquel gains weight.

See my article here: Making Sense of Medication Side-Effects.