Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dictionary?

Dictionary?

I'm wondering if there is a possibility of adding a link somewhere to a dictionary...maybe a medical or psychology one.
    i keep coming across words and i haven't a clue as to their meaning ect .. usually reading before the word and after the word.. works to explain.. most times.. but i have a few now that have me baffled.

it may not be possible but just thought i'd throw it in here anyway. *s*

Re: Dictionary?

The fastest way is often to type in "define:{word}" in Google. Maybe I could add a link to the header to open up a new window to do that.

thanks for "way to do it"... see if i had half a brain i would have thought of that.. lol

nice one... thanks *s*

The medical resource I like to use, which includes a medical dictionary is MedicineNet

Anyone else have a favorite scientifically based medical definitions site?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

I was wondering if there is a spell check feature? I swear that I saw one when the forum first changed but I can't find it anymore. I feel naked without spell check! In fact, I just accidently deleted an entire post I had written in an attempt to check my spelling on my own email.

There is a spell checker that comes with the Simple Machines Forum software but it requires that a module be installed on the server, which mine doesn't have.

For what it's worth, I do have it running on another forum and it's not that great.

If you use MS Internet Explorer or an IE based browser, you can download a free spellcheck plug in at IE SPELL

The site displays a list of IE based browsers

IE SPELL will work with postings you write to this Forum as well as other online sites where messages are composed.

I regularly use IESpell even in an SMF forum which does provide its own spellchecker.

IESpell can be customized to include frequent terms you use and is v-e-r-y fast
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

Thanks, TSOW - that's one I didn't know about.

www.dictionary.com is great for checking spelling, meaning, has a thesaurus and a translator.

Thanks TSOW!! That's really awesome... I downloaded the program and it worked!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast