Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Diet Pill Question

I have a question? It's kind of dumb but oh well.

What does diet pills do to your body mentally and physically. Do they really work?
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

Re: Diet Pill Question

Hmmm... it depends on the diet pills. Those that involve stimulants (e.g., amphetamines, etc.) are generally bad news; those that do not either are probably not good for you or don't really work. Even if you manage to find one that does work, it's only going to be effective temporarily.

I really don't think that's an answer for you, LostChild. I doubt that it's really an answer for anyone, frankly.

Hi LostChild,

I am not going to be able to answer your question about the diet pills but I can tell you from experience that the only way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. Trust me I have tried it all....and I mean all. I do have to agree with Dr. B that I don't really think that they are the answer for you or for anyone.

Take Care
    Nancy

It was just out of curiosity, I hear so much about it . Its sound tempting but, I bet they don't even work. thanks all
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. Allen Klein

ok so I confess Iam taking a diet pill.I know its not the best thing to be doing. gosh I feel so guilty now and ashamed. But I have to do it I have to loose weight. And so far its been a success.

Hi LostChild,

My first thought when you said that you have to lose weight was....do you really need to lose or are you just obsessed with your weight. I know from your other posts that your goal is to be underweight and I was wondering if this is how you are planning on achieving that goal. As I said before, I don't know much about diet pills but again I have tried everything else under the sun...even hypnosis. I would think, like with many other quick/fad diets that yes the diet pills will work for a while but once you decide to stop taking them then you might see that you will start to gain weight which might make you start spiralling downward. I know that it happened to me when I tried different methods to lose.

Just thoughts.
    Nancy

I believe it when you say after taking a diet pill for a while the can ware off and you can gain back your weight. its funny though last year I was on that relacore and I just stopped taking it no reason but i never gain my weight back until I broke my leg. no I really don't need to loose weight Iam obsessed with loosing weight, but Im scared to get fat. Yes being under weight is my goal as sad as it sounds to alot of people being under weight is my goal.

8. Re: Diet Pill Question

TLC, I noted you're taking Lamictal. I do hope you've mentioned to your doctor that you're also taking a diet pill, and which one you're taking. Lamictal can interact with any number of OTC medications in a negative way. You don't want to start taking something along with Lamictal without discussing it with your doctor first, hon. The consequences could be more than you've bargained for.

eek Id better do some investagation. If i can find out information my self id rather do that. but if not I will tell him what im up to. oh gosh im scared

I don't know anything specifrically about diet pills and Lamictal but one of the things that is very clear in the literature is that adverse effects, including "the rash", are more likely when lamictal is being used along with other medications. Certain other medications like birth control pills may also alter the dose of Lamictal required.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast