Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thoughts about therapists

ok here's what i have been wondering. what motivates a person to become a therapist? what percentage are men vs women? what qualities should a person have to make a good therapist? do therapists get sick of their job? (i suppose anyone could get tired of their job regardless of what it is). is it a draining job or rewarding or just like anything else does it depend on the day? does it get boring after doing it for years on end?
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Random thoughts about therapists

Hi Baseballcap,

Many things can motivate a person to become a therapist. I was told that I would make a good one because I was a good listener. Being a therapist seemed to fit naturally with me. I believe there are far more women in the field now then in the past. Qualities of a good therapist include but are not limited to: being geniune, being an active listener, being present and providing unconditional positive regard. I do not get tired or sick of my job. I enjoy my work and my clients. I don't find my job draining or boring. I don't take my work home with me either. I hope I answered your questions?