Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living with parents

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy
    for me I become 16 with a teenage attitude like you can't tell me what to do
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatLady
    my grandmother is a control freak. It can get a little ...scary around here every now and then
    TL, see if Nancy can give you some lessons...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I revert to the teenager too, It must be the age that the emotional hurt occured most? or started maybe?
    I was exaggerating a bit about 6, probably, although it depends on the situation. I suspect late childhood or early adolescence is common (except perhaps where the parent was overtly abusive and there are some PTSD features) because that's when most of us will begin to question why things are the way they are - younger children for the most part accept anything as normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Living with parents

Lessons....sure I can give those. I could be a professor actually

I can relate TL because l still live with both of my parents and at one point my grandmother lived with us also so three generations (4 adults) living together and well....I don't have to explain it I can sure relate TL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time I find myself wanting to strangle my grandmother with my mother, I'll give you a call, Nancy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... I can not imagine me, my mum, and her 'mother' (If you can call her that) living in the same house. tension would be huge, no doubt about it. and while i know that the situation is not universal, i think the both of you deserve a pat on the back!! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put my father into that mix and well he didn't have a hope of winning any argument or decision.....he was outnumbered from the get go

Yes TL call me as I have learned a lot about restraint when it comes to mothers and grandmothers

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes TL call me as I have learned a lot about restraint when it comes to mothers and grandmothers
    Point of clarification: By "restraint", do you mean "impulse control"? or "tying them to a tree"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, that tying them to the tree image is now stuck in my head... its given my day whole new meaning!! lol
    :bad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to the tree,, Up in the tree.. so that no one else can free them ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of impulse control but now that you have said the tree.....ummm that might not be a bad idea !!!

Note to Self - need rope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Phoenix^^
    wow... I can not imagine me, my mum, and her 'mother' (If you can call her that) living in the same house. tension would be huge, no doubt about it. and while i know that the situation is not universal, i think the both of you deserve a pat on the back!! lol
    Actually, it's not too bad most of the time. We all get along quite well. My grandmother's meddling can be problematic, but mother and I are both pretty laid-back people, so we just shine the Great One on most of the time and go about our business. It's only if she begins to insist on controlling other people's lives that one, or both, of us finds it necessary to step up and tell her to butt out.

Besides, the house is run by the cats, anyway. None of us really matters. Our only purpose, collectively, is to serve as can openers, shrimp skinners, catbox cleaners and laps. Le sigh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast