Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychological change

this is just a small quote from a much larger website that i wanted to share.

A Key Principle About Psychological Change

QUESTION: How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?
    ANSWER: Only one, but the bulb must really want to be changed.

This joke reflects a fundamental point about psychology. Any change that happens in your life must come from you and your own efforts. Although a psychologist can guide you, no one can do the work for you.

As I say throughout this website, psychology is not about ?getting rid? of symptoms. Unlike politics, and even unlike medicine, psychology is not about waging war or getting control of anything. Instead, it?s about making peace with?by listening to and understanding?your symptoms. And, curiously enough, once you listen to, rather than fear, your symptoms you might find in them a profound wisdom that will be a great blessing to your life.
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Psychological change

This joke reflects a fundamental point about psychology. Any change that happens in your life must come from you and your own efforts. Although a psychologist can guide you, no one can do the work for you.
    Great post BBC. I really liked this part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Baseballcap, that looks a really interesting site, will read it later. I liked your quote too

Thanks for sharing with us that site.

Ed