Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I overcame my anxiety

When I first started my psych class I was overwhelmed with girls that reminded me of high school. I was so afraid of going into the class and asking questions but now I have over come my shyness and anxiety. Im so proud of myself. My teacher however is a cognative behavioral psychologist she works with people who are substance and alcohole abuse. She not really a teacher. Im she's kind of kooki (weird).
    The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery.? Allen Klein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: overcame my anxiety

congratulations tlc. that is really great
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: overcame my anxiety

TLC

Congratulations on being able to overcome your anxiety with being able to get through the class......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I overcame my anxiety

TLC

I went through the same thing when I entered university at the age of 22. Most of the people there were straight out of high school and had already formed 'clicks'. It didn't help that I wasn't living in university residense either, as I didn't recieve the freshers week package with pub crawl details etc, so missed that whole 'getting to know you' thing. All I can tell you is that I kept trying to be out going and friendly, and it eventually paid off. However, as the uni year progressed the groups became less defined anyway, and they intermingled. I think it has everything to do with them growing up, and learning about more 'adult' (I hate to use that term) behaviours. Its all a learning curve after all.

I also had many 'kookie' lecturers. But I found I got on with them alot better, lol. I think I gravitate to strange!!! I thought you were doing your course by correspondance now? Have you headed back into the class room. If so, really well done on that note too. Its a huge step forward. Also, congrats on coming 'out of your shell' so to speak, and participating more in class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Phoenix^^ View Post
    I think I gravitate to strange!!!
    Now that explains why we get along so well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Nancy - strangness is relative after all. I think alot of people thing I'm strange too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew there was a reason that I liked you right away.....and now I have figured it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)