Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear of the Future

I'm scared of the future..
    I mean when i think about next year august, i get all nervous and stressed.. let alone think about the rest of my life. I graduate next year July (hopefully)
    and ima have to leave the country to go to the netherlands to go to the university and i'm scared of being alone and failing.
    I'm scared of the future, i don't know what it will bring, i'm so scared that im gonna mess it up. I'm scared of still being single when i am 30 years old and not having kids and disappointing my parents, i'm scared that im gonna feel lonely, which i do sometimes. I'm scared....
    What's wrong with me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fear of the Future

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you at all, Krysa. You're coming up to a time of big changes in your life. I don't care who you are, where you are, or how old you are - when your life enters a 'big change phase', it's natural to be anxious. The new and unknown are a little scary for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't handle change...very well..
    makes me all sad and teary that things are never gonna be the same again.
    Cuz finally i've figured out who my really good and true friends are..and then...ima leave...in a year..ima leave them all
    Forget Perfect, I'm Trying Not To be Worthless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's never easy to leave the past behind; however, we have to look at the future as an adventure. New friends will come, and new experiences will bring new fun things to your life. University is a wonderful time of learning and growing as a person. Although it's a little scary at first, I think you'll find yourself looking back on the fears you're feeling now and smiling just a little at how anxious you were. There are a lot of wonderful things ahead for you.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, in truth, you rarely really leave them all behind. I think you'll be surprised to find out that your real friends will continue to pop back into your life from time to time, just not every day as they do now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that made me feel better...
    Thank you
    Forget Perfect, I'm Trying Not To be Worthless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Fear of the Future

And, in truth, you rarely really leave them all behind. I think you'll be surprised to find out that your real friends will continue to pop back into your life from time to time
    While in high school, I had a best friend, with whom I kept in touch for several years until our careers separated us.

Over the years I tried to regain contact, but due to type of work he was doing and constant relocation, I could not locate him.

When the intenet came along, I tried several searches, but my friend had disappeared. After my retirement from work, I continued to make inquiries, always thinking the worst about my friend's fate, last summer, a former mutual high school friend told me he heard our missing friend was living in the same city as me.

When I checked the phone book, I found a few possibilities, so I began calling and as luck would have it, he was living a couple of miles from my home.

We have gotten together several times now, with our respective wives, and it feels like our friendship didn't lose a beat...after 35 years!

So Krysa, true friendship lasts a very long time and your true friends will be your friends for years to come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSOW that truly is an inspirational story that brought a smile to my face

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Nancy. The joy this reunion brought me was immense because of the number of years were both trying to find one another in vain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the saying "Never Give Up Hope" really means something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast