Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello There!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello There!

Hi everyone,
    I've been searching on the internet for a forum just like this one for some time now. Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is "Miette." I'm 27 years old and bipolar. I came by my diagnosis quite late in life when I went to the doctor due to a very scary major depressive episode. I was referred to a psychiatrist because I also had been through some manic episodes (although I didn't know that's what they were at the time). I now believe that I had my first manic episode at age 14, so I've been living with this for quite a while.

Other than that, I'm happily married and working on my MD/PhD. I've gotta say, it's been super hard to do school lately, and I've been reconsidering what I should be doing in my life. I haven't been functioning very well, so I worry that I won't be able to finish either degree. I'm taking it one day at a time.

That's all I can think of. I look forward to meeting all of you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hello There!

Hi Miette

Welcome to Psychlinks

I am glad that you found us too and I hope to see you around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Miette

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the information/support you are looking for here.

What MD/Phd are you doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Psychlinks, Miette! We're glad to meet you, and glad to have you here with us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to have you join us, miette, i hope we can be of help to you
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice to meet you all too!

Phoenix-I am doing a PhD in biochemistry, and the MD is your garden variety, 4-year degree in medicine. I have done two years of the MD and right now, I am doing year 5 of my PhD, which will be the last. Then I go back and finish the MD. This all depends, of course, on my health

Basically, I'm a professional student
    Last edited by Miette; December 11th, 2006 at 05:07 PM. Reason: smilie error

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... that's a very hectic sounding schedule. But I loved being a student. I've often said I would love to go back and do another Ph.D. someday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Hello There!

Welcome to Psychlinks, Miette! Glad you found us. You will discover that Psychlinks is not just an information and support Forum, but an online community as well.

Your background as well as your personal experience will be a tremendous asset to our Forum, and I hope you make Psychlinks a regular part of your online activities.

In the meantime feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or start as many as you wish.

Do let us know if you need assistance with the Forum navigation tools.

Enjoy the Forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David-another PhD? You must have really enjoyed the first one! I can't imagine wanting to set foot in a lab again once I'm done.

TSOW-Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope my experiences can be of some help to someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    Wow... that's a very hectic sounding schedule. But I loved being a student. I've often said I would love to go back and do another Ph.D. someday...
    Really - you'd better get going then hadn't you? I mean... don't want to leave it to late, know wha' I mean??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast