Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Protection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protection

I've been thinking of getting a stun gun. http://www.glaad.org/PSA2006/violence.php I've been thinking of this http://www.personalsafetyplus.com/ca...n_Gun-359.html do you know if stun guns work? Does mase help as well? What can be used as a mase? Cheap stuff like, spray on deodorant, cleaner, etc.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Protection

Stun guns are illegal to own in some U.S. states and the laws may be even more restrictive in other countries.

BTW:

17-year-old charged for having stun gun in purse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST,

Are you afraid for your own safety and need personal protection and therefore feel the need to own a stun gun in the first place?
    Last edited by Halo; February 17th, 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I think the article could have done a better job of putting things into perspective though it does mention suicide as another concern for gay and bisexual youth.

For example, for every hate crime in the U.S. (7,649 in 2004), there are 4 deaths by suicide (30,622 in 2001).

Another way of putting things in perspective is to note the many people who have the gay flag bumper stickers on their car without ever being beaten up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    ST,

Are you afraid for your own safety and need personal protection and therefore feel the need to own a stun gun in the first place?
    Yea. It would be nice if I could open up and tell people how I feel without being afraid of people beating me down. Don't I deserve to have people care about me instead of being ignored and picked on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't I deserve to have people care about me instead of being ignored and picked on?
    Of course you deserve to have people care about you, we all do, however I don't understand the need to carry a weapon/protection device because of the "anticipation" that you may be ignored or picked on. Is this happening now or is this what you are fearful is going to happen?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What can be used as a mase? Cheap stuff like, spray on deodorant, cleaner, etc.
    Well, it would be a lot better to use mace than a cheap substitute since you don't want to be sued for permanently blinding someone accidentally. As I mentioned on another thread, the only person I knew who carried mace never needed it and only used it accidentally.

BTW, some books on the subject:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People already pick on me but I afraid that it will get much worst before it gets better and I didn't think about getting sued. The dirty dozen was a good movie but I'm not sure if the book will be any different. I hope I'll never have to use stun guns and mase but I hope everything works out though.