Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help making a big choice

ok so ever since the Friday before last when i OD on sudafed (wasn't trying to kill myself i was trying to slim down) and nearly died with my heart going through the roof, and i went into a fit. ever since all my doctors have been telling me that i should admit myself into hospital, since they cant section me. so everyones telling me to go in to hospital, but first thing i don't feel like i want to go into the hospital, but i do know that the way i have been is even starting to scare me. but then theres things like if i go into hospital my birthday is next week and i don't want to be in hospital for my birthday.
    basically there are a lot of things for and against me admitting myself.
    and was just wondering peoples opinions, like what they would do if they were in my position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: need help making a big choice

Well, if the doctors are worried enough to give you such advice, perhaps it is a good idea. I know that being in a hospital on your birthday is no fun, but if you are in a bad state perhaps a birthday elsewhere might not be much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would go, steven, for two reasons:

1. your doctors are advising it (and they don't take this kind of thing lightly!)
    2. you said
    i do know that the way i have been is even starting to scare me.
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you been to the same hospital there before? If not, they may let you go by and take a look before "signing in." They may only keep you a few days, anyway, depending on the dr. and your condition. Some patients may be there for less than 24-48 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need help making a big choice

Your health comes first. After you get help, you can still celebrate your birthday. Dosent have to be on the "day", and I get that its not a fun option to spend your bday in the hospital.
    Most important is that you are healthy and happy and getting the help you need is a good gift to give yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven, let's look at this logically. You have a birthday every year. You only have one life. I realize that's pretty simplistic, but it's true.

You say you overdosed on Sudafed because you wanted to lose weight. Did you think you were going to lose that weight immediately if you took too much Sudafed? I think you've got to realize that doesn't make much sense. There was more to the overdose than the desire to lose weight.

If I were you, I'd admit myself to hospital. You need to get treatment and you need to do it now. This is an opportunity, and missed opportunities are often the cause of a great deal of misery. Besides, being in the hospital on one's birthday isn't usually all THAT bad, if the hospital is aware it's your birthday. Most hospitals make an effort to recognize the birthdays of their patients. Do this for yourself, Steven, and for those who care for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ive just come back from an appoint with my doctor and said no i dont want to go in. now on returninghome iam have secound thoughts, espicial since the first thing i did went i got home was to take aload of Edit: deleted reference to specific pills . iam ive got atloat of questions. do i really need. will all the hasle be to much for my parents. and do i think the doctors can do anything about it any way.
    Last edited by Halo; May 14th, 2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: potential trigger

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call your doctor immediately and tell him about the overdose. Let him make the decisions at this point.

BTW, venproxen isn't in Google, so I don't know what drug you are referring to. I guess you misspelled it.

will all the hasle be to much for my parents. and do i think the doctors can do anything about it any way.
    You certainly need their help. I think you need observation/hospitalization since this is the second overdose in a short period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Daniel that calling your doctor and telling him about the pills that you have taken and that you are having second thoughts about your decision. It really sounds like you need to be somewhere safe and if that means being in the hospital then do whatever you need to in order to achieve that.

Take care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to what Daniel and Nancy have said. YOU even know you made a mistake so make the call to your Dr. No one can help you if dont let them. Please do it for yourself, ok?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast