Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New forum features?

New forum features?

Supplementary:
    Are there any other features you've seen on forums elsewhere that you'd like to see here?

Two that I'm thinking about currently:

1. a "quick reply" feature that would let you post a reply on the same page as the original post/message, without having to click on "Reply" and load the "post reply" page -- can be especially useful for people with slower dial-up connections

2. the "country flags" mod, which allows you to identify yourself with the flag of the nation in which you live , as an alternative to avatars or photos (which are disabled in the interests of privacy and the sensitivities of our members).

2. Advertisement

Re: New forum features?

Wow this thread is oover 2yrs old...

anyway... i wanted to ask regarding new forum features... if when i log out.. and then come back a while later.. i get greeted again and told i have new msgs (if i have) even tho i have already seen the msgs.. And i didn't even log in before these greetings come up. Then if i refresh the page... I can log in properly.

the question i have is.... is this a new feature or kinda like a shadow of my previous log in.??

Oh and having read the above.. i think it would be cool to have the country flags on the forum.. but i guess this was voted a no go when this thread was started.. ??
    Last edited by foghlaim; September 4th, 2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling corrections.

a "quick reply" feature that would let you post a reply on the same page as the original post/message
    How is the quick reply feature you describe different from the quick reply feature currently on the Forum?

Is it possible to search for "my postings"? Sometimes useful when working the Forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve; September 4th, 2006 at 11:02 PM. Reason: attachment
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

TSOW

As you will notice that the original post by Dr. B. was done about 2 years ago so the Quick Reply option has already been put into place.

As for seeing only your posts, I think that if you click on your own name and it brings up your profile than there is an option under your avatar to see all posts of yours as well as see all threads started by you.

Hope this is helpful.

As you will notice that the original post by Dr. B. was done about 2 years ago
    As you can see, I was asleep at the switch..er..keyboard

Thank you Nancy
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

No problem, it took me a minute to figure it out also

Quote Originally Posted by nsa View Post
    Wow this thread is oover 2yrs old...

anyway... i wanted to ask regarding new forum features... if when i log out.. and then come back a while later.. i get greeted again and told i have new msgs (if i have) even tho i have already seen the msgs.. And i didn't even log in before these greetings come up. Then if i refresh the page... I can log in properly.

the question i have is.... is this a new feature or kinda like a shadow of my previous log in.??
    I'm curious about this too because I have noticed something similar. It's like I'm logged in sometimes only I'm not logged in. And I do clear out cookies and stuff regularly a few times a day.

If I understand you correctly Janet, you clear your cookies several times a day? If you do, then the next time you enter the Forum, you would be seen as a guest, and not logged in. In order to remain logged in, the cookies for Psychlinks must remain intact.

There is no way to selectively manage cookies with IE6 unless you do it manually, however if cookie management is important to you I believe Firefox allows you selectively manage cookies.

It's like I'm logged in sometimes only I'm not logged in. And I do clear out cookies and stuff regularly a few times a day.
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

Actually, I don't want to remain logged in, but it's like I am anyway, even if I clear everything out.

I misunderstood. In that case, I don't understand why that would happen since it's contrary to the way I understand the forum software would work. We'll need David's diagnosis:dimples:

BTW why would you wish to remain not logged into the forum while you are away?

As for the subjuect of the discussion thread, a feature I miss in Psychlinks is the ability to view threads in which I have posted. I realize they are identified in the list of "New Posts" and I can live with that..it's just that I've become accustomed to working with that particular tool and I am very difficult to re-train
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast