Likes Likes:  90
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    3. Holding a cell phone while driving is finally being banned in my area.
    WOW! I’ve heard about being late to the party, but this takes it to another level!
    What was the reasoning behind that delay? I can’t believe that is hasn’t been passed state wide yet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe it either. Our county has been waiting for years for the state to do something and got tired of waiting.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - Went for my free oil change appointment at Canadian Tire in Steinbach this afternoon. Had a free oil change and routine inspection coupon via my email subscription. COOL!

2 - No issues to report following the inspection (the main reason they offer free deals, is to find something wrong so they can make some money, after all that's what they are in business for) battery, coolant, air filter etc. all ok. Only a burned out brake light. (Easy fix I can take care of myself) SUPER COOL!

3 - Surprise! Free! Yes like in TOTALLY FREE despite the coupon stating we were responsible for taxes and eco fees etc. When I expressed my happy surprise to the service desk guy, stating what the coupon says, he replied yes, that's how it should be but we believe that free is way more fun when it's totally free so we don't charge those extras. BEYOND SUPER COOL!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. My husband's chronic back pain is almost completely gone after one of two sessions of radiofrequency ablation.
    2. The procedure also lessened his foot pain/neuropathy.
    3. Low-calorie birthday-cake-flavored ice cream. (Halo Top brand.)
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - Since Rogers bought the rights to the NH broadcasts a couple years ago Montreal Canadiens "local" games are blacked out west of Belleville, Ont. So only way to watch the 60 non nationally broadcast games is to subscribe to the "French Package" for 63$ a season and watch it on the internet. When I moved here I was a tad worried but the Internet speed (7mbps) here in the countryside is just fast enough to stream my Montreal Canadiens games in HQ without any hichups

2 - Montreal came back from being behind 3-1 in the third period against the NY Islanders (top team in their division which includes teams like The 2018 Stanley cup Winning Washington Capitols and the powerhouse Pittsburgh Penguins) to tie it and go to overtime (nerves on edge we got a penalty with 30 seconds to go in regular time - meaning 1:30 seconds or so 4 against 3 in overtime) survived that and went to shoot out

3 - Anti Niemi our backup goalie was in net for both times we went to shootout this year. Once again he stopped every thing coming his way. 5 shooters in. Other goalie (really hot this year! one of if the not the best) stopped all but the 5th shot. Game over we win again! Niemi has stopped 7 of the shots in shootout in 2 wins and most were snipers.

Bonus: 4 - Last year was painful.
    It's fun so far this year to watch them play. They're average on talent but man are they loaded on heart and determination which is the only thing that can beat talent.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The good thing about the thousands of political ads: I was highly motivated to vote.
    2. Hubby fixed a major plumbing leak.
    3. Got an awesome deal on contact lenses (at 1800contacts.com, a very reputable website) due to price matching (matched to EZcontacts.com).

Bonus: Tried the Milo drink, possibly for the first time. Not bad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Bonus: Tried the Milo drink, possibly for the first time. Not bad.
    There's extra Aussie points in it for you if you do a TimTam Slam with the milo drink.
    Caution: Proceed with hot beverage at your own risk. I don't recommend doing a TimTam Slam with a hot beverage until you understand the speed at which a TimTam absorbs liquid into the biscuit.
    Other notes: The article is outdated with respect to availability of TimTams in America. I've heard secondhand that they are in some stores in certain flavours but not the original flavour.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415