Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  424
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

How’d the chili turn out? Please don’t tell me you made it vegan without ground beef!

Otherwise you’d have to rename it to “make beleive” or “pretend” it’s chili

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was good. I just used my regular recipe except this time used (soaked) dry beans instead of canned. We use Gardein-brand vegan ground "beef." Next time will use a recipe from Instant Pot's website.
    ďOut beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.Ē ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok letís be serious for a minute here. What you made is a chili alternate lookalike (all good there) but what you used is not ground beef! (Not saying itís not a valid meal)

if you like it and it came out good Iím happy for you. Also nice to know your regular recipe came out ok in the instant pot. Iím not the type to say something is horrible simply because I would not eat it.

BUT and a reall big BUT I draw the line at certain things: ground beef is ground beef. Beef is cattle a 4 legged mammal that eats grass N stuff and gets fatter yielding even more pounds of delicious cuts of beef when butchered and to not waste any of the lower quality cuts and left overs some is ground up in a meat grinder producing delicious ground beef. (Can also be produced with higher quality cuts but would be technically silly) the words Ground and Beef are kind of obvious. You canít make wine from rocks and you canít make ground beef without BEEF!

A BLT without bacon is not a BLT itís a tomato and lettuce sandwich. And bacon is bacon anything else is a pale attempt at imitating bacon. Even delissio pizzas now come with a vegan pizza in the same box as the regular one They hide this bland cardboard one under the real pizza which i once forgot to remove and my oven detected it and in no time at all proceeded to set ablaze. Even my oven Doesnít want vegan food

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I interest you in mushroom chili?

Chili con carne - Wikipedia

Vegetarian chili (also known as chili sin carne, chili without meat, chili non carne, and chili sans carne) acquired wide popularity in the U.S. during the 1960s and 1970s with the rise of vegetarianism. It is also popular with those on a diet restricting the use of red meat. To make the chili vegetarian, the cook leaves out the meat or replaces it with a meat analogue, such as textured vegetable protein or tofu, or a starchy vegetable, such as potatoes. These chilis nearly always include beans. Variants may contain corn, squash, mushrooms, or beets.
    ďOut beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.Ē ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most definitely mushrooms in chili make a great addition to the BEEF! And could not imagine my spaghetti meat sauce without a lot of them in it. But if it came down to meat or mushrooms: Sorry mushroom I love you but you just don’t match up to ground beef. Maybe next time my friend

I remember once we were having a pot luck BBQ and a friend had brought her tofu hotdog wieners along with her tofu hamburger patties and was trying to convince everyone they couldn’t taste the difference so I agreed to try before making a judgement and had a tofu hotdog and then asked her if she had ever tasted a real hotdog cause regardless of the fact I found it tasted like poop, the important fact I stated was “sorry lady but unless someone has inexistant taste buds there is no way in hell that this tastes anything like a real hot dog not even a bad no name one” Neddles to say after tasting her “can’t tell the difference” hot dog I lost any interest in submitting myself to a “tastes like the real thing” burger since if that tofu dog didn’t taste like a real dog there was no chance in hell that it would taste like a burger just because the stuff was shaped differently

Doesnt mean it ain’t good if you like it! Just I don’t buy the “tastes just like the real thing” cow dung every tofu or other meat alternative fan tries to sell me on. If they could simply leave it at “it’s a healthy alternative” I’d be fine and wouldn’t get my underwear in a bunch every time someone tries to convince me that the stuff taste like it’s intended (real) copy. Only thing that tastes like the real thing is da real thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Can I interest you in mushroom chili?

Chili con carne - Wikipedia

Vegetarian chili (also known as chili sin carne, chili without meat, chili non carne, and chili sans carne) acquired wide popularity in the U.S. during the 1960s and 1970s with the rise of vegetarianism. It is also popular with those on a diet restricting the use of red meat. To make the chili vegetarian, the cook leaves out the meat or replaces it with a meat analogue, such as textured vegetable protein or tofu, or a starchy vegetable, such as potatoes. These chilis nearly always include beans. Variants may contain corn, squash, mushrooms, or beets.
    Also kinder to the environment. We have to start eating a lot less beef. Beef farming is a major contributor to climate change and beef consumption is a major contributor to vascular disease and cancers of the digestive system.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think processed food is deadlier than having red meat occasionally. Everything is about balance. More poultry, fish and pork than beef is considered healthy and safe eating. Also how it’s cooked makes a big difference.

And they keep changing what’s healthy and what’s not heart wise. I remember when eating eggs was really deadly because it has cholesterol. Why is it ok now? Did eggs mutate? pretty simple basic biological structure.

Stress and excessive exertion are the main heart attack triggers.
    Colon cancers have an extremely high genetic predisposition regardless of the diet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    Stress and excessive exertion are the main heart attack triggers.
    Colon cancers have an extremely high genetic predisposition regardless of the diet.
    No. Diet, exercise, and genetics are the big predictors of vascular disease.

Only a small proportion of colon cancers are genetically based. Mine was not one of those.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband eats more fake meats than I do since he is repulsed by the idea of avocado and tomato sandwiches (my favorite), anything with mushrooms (except on a single slice of pizza), etc. I just now convinced him that potatoes may taste better instead of fake meat for our next veggie chili.

His doctor wants him eating more fish, but he only eats a few bites of salmon sometimes since he is so picky.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I just read the start of a sentence: "It is a roadmap structured around a strategy based on our levers of transformation..." Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the corporate turducken!
    2. Decent work task yesterday.
    3. Managed anxiety at work yesterday, and managed a low phone battery when I'd forgotten to bring my charger.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast