Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

Quote Originally Posted by H011yHawkJ311yBean View Post
    Must be Canadian like me?
    Go outside Look East about 700km.... I'll be the guy waving. The Prairies are flat enough you should be able to see me
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    Go outside Look East about 700km.... I'll be the guy waving. The Prairies are flat enough you should be able to see me
    Oooh riiiight. I vaguely remember something about Manitoba... We live in the City That Rhymes With Fun.

Sent from my Hollycopter using SlappaSquawk
    (Formerly JollyGreenJellyBean)

My dog is a human whisperer.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. On the weekend my brother sent me a link to a temporarily free xtreme sports PC game (Steep). I was looking for a good snowboarding game a few months ago but gave up the search when they all cost more than I wanted to pay. Given that I've been out of the gaming scene for ages I don't care that it's an older game. Keen to check this one out once I can download it.
    2. I replied to a coworker's email to get his thing done... Even though it meant I missed the bus (which must have been a classic few minutes early because I was out here with 1 minute to spare) and am now being eaten by bugs. But my email had a very poor joke in it so I guess that's worth the half hour wait. Maybe. Not really.
    3. Yesterday I downloaded a different game, Stories Untold, which is a puzzle text-based/first person horror game. It seems to be broken into 4 short stories so I played the first one yesterday and it was quite scary Glad I wasn't playing at night.
    Last edited by gooblax; May 20th, 2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Fact correction

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonus - a spare AA battery from 2015 still has enough charge to power my bluetooth mouse when the existing battery ran out of juice.
    Anti-bonus - there goes another 2 hours of my day spent on fruitless calculations, this time trying to figure out what on earth a junior engineer is trying to do in his report. No closer to figuring it out so I'll be asking him tomorrow.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Found out where my replacement part is. (Negative - it's in Germany).
    2. Had a chat with the junior engineer to explain his calcs. Let him know that he needed to put in some more explanation and a diagram, but otherwise makes sense now that he's explained what he's doing and why - explain your assumptions plzkthx.
    3. Might be seeing a movie tonight with my cousin, although there doesn't seem to be much on at this cinema and I don't know if we have the same taste in movies. To be confirmed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    Found out where my replacement part is.
    We should all have replacement parts. That way when we don't feel like doing something or being somewhere, we could just send the replacement part.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my replacement part is chilling out in Europe while I'm doing work I don't want to do, does that make me the replacement part?!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I think so. Somehow, your replacement part was sent on vacation to Germany leaving you at work. It should have been the other way round.

Your best bet now is to blame both the junior engineer and the new boss and let them fight it out while you call in sick to play video games.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
    ...Your best bet now is to blame both the junior engineer and the new boss and let them fight it out while you call in sick to play video games.
    OMG, I love the way you think! Awesome!!!

Sent from my Hollycopter using SlappaSquawk
    (Formerly JollyGreenJellyBean)

My dog is a human whisperer.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Handled most of my email anxiety and contacted the people I needed to contact to coordinate a supply issue for work. Way more emailing than is comfortable though, and I put off a couple for the future.
    2. Have already done my hours for the week but will be going in tomorrow so will probably do 7hrs unpaid overtime this week which makes me feel a bit better about how useless and unable/unwilling to concentrate I've been lately.
    3. My bus this afternoon got a rock flicked into the windscreen and we had to wait for a replacement bus, but the positive is that it didn't shatter. And I don't have any connecting transport to catch so waiting didn't cause me any drama.

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast