Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  1,422
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

1. The network is down again at work this morning so I'm going to do some stretches beside my desk while I wait.
    2. Got a training meeting today so won't have to do real work for 2 hrs (plus waiting for network time).
    3. It's Friday.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Enjoying the fireplace. The weather went from hot to winter in the last week but warms up tomorrow. (Was slightly below freezing last night.)

2. Husband replaced old stairs on the patio.

3. 5 new trees planted and we are planting more. Got free saplings from a neighbor.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daughter doing well at volunteering wildlife sanctuary i support her by taking her there 4x a week and back it is therapy for her to be with animals
    daughter been sober and drug free for a week now
    i went to therapist appt. and a gp appt.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonus: Saw this big guy outside
    IMG_20190524_155435.jpg

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, those drones are getting smaller and smaller
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These drones are used for when you're away from home, need to turn on your washing machine, but don't have an automatic timer.

_____

Bonus bonus - My "2 @" key on my computer keyboard works now!!!

I was playing the 2nd chapter of the Stories Untold game and it required pressing 2 (not using the numpad). For those who don't remember, due to keyboard damage I'd previously remapped my 2 to the right shift, rendering "2 @" completely unavailable. I don't know why I picked right shift but was then too lazy to change it to something where I could actually get a "2 @".

So to progress in the game I needed to try and remap it so that it would actually work. I tried a couple of options but couldn't figure out how to block the function of the sacrificial key and overwrite it with the function of the "2 @" key. I'd made a bit of a mess of it so removed all my remappings to start from scratch. Then just to confirm that everything was removed I pressed the "2 @" key... And it worked! No more ".2.2.2.2...2....2"-ing for me!

I don't know how it resolved itself (I thought it was water damaged and/or corroded beyond use), but I don't care now that it's working.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This series is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by gooblax View Post
    Bonus: Saw this big guy outside
    IMG_20190524_155435.jpg
    That white thing you're using for scale... is it a Tic Tac mint? or an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper? or a tissue dispenser?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Wow, those drones are getting smaller and smaller
    These drones are used for when you're away from home, need to turn on your washing machine, but don't have an automatic timer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't know what the white thing is, and as soon as I took the pic I realised its presence might be a problem. I'm betting it's either miscellaneous garbage, or an ancient moth scroll of wisdom.

Here is another pic for scale against regular sized bricks:
    IMG_20190524_155429.jpg

And in case anyone besides me was wondering if I still had a gecko living behind my aircon unit, here's what I woke up to (please imagine your own dramatic music as it zooms in to the offending tail):
    IMG_20190525_063527.jpgIMG_20190525_063502.jpg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't know what the white thing is, and as soon as I took the pic I realised its presence might be a problem. I'm betting it's either miscellaneous garbage, or an ancient moth scroll of wisdom.
    Ah ha. So that must be the famous Moses moth bringing the Ten Moth Commandments done from the mount, one tablet at a time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 -2 -3 -Got my new vaping mods in the mail today. Don't think it's very old stock since the sealed boxed batteries indicated a full charge.

Bit bigger than I expected. One to the right is my 3 year old 40W. The brass colored button at the top of my old one was actually chome plated. it shows signs of wear and was way over due. They are 80W and with a 5000mAh integrated battery. So twice the power and twice the reserve. *Some people prefer replaceable batteries I prefer sealed and less risk of damage to the physical battery pulling it in and out to the charger everyday. Lithium ion or polymer batteries are safe but dangerous if not properly cared for. These can go 2 days on a charge and at a decent uasge rate. USB charger. Most online shops in Canada have them listed at 60$ +tax I got them with a 10% off at under 43$ each with the tax included and free shipping.

IMG_1023.JPGIMG_1024.JPG
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768